Motion games

joker08

Expert Member
I wanted to buy an xbox with a kinect. Primary reason was to keep my 4 year old busy and I and my wife can have some fun with the motion sense games. Also I wanted to play god of war, which i am not able to on my desktop.
The last time I played a motion sensing game was several years back at my office.
I started to search for options but I got surprised to see Microsoft no longer manufactures the motion sensors.
What are my options now ?

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I wanted to buy an xbox with a kinect. Primary reason was to keep my 4 year old busy and I and my wife can have some fun with the motion sense games. Also I wanted to play god of war, which i am not able to on my desktop.
The last time I played a motion sensing game was several years back at my office.
I started to search for options but I got surprised to see Microsoft no longer manufactures the motion sensors.
What are my options now ?

God of War is Playstation exclusive, so won't work on the Xbox.

LOM

Honorary Master
How many decent motion based games are there?
I was a fan of Punch-Out on the Wii. You could do that with Dolphin emulator and Wii motion plus controllers.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The closest thing to motion that actually works is the PlayStation VR which isn’t 4-year old appropriate.

Rather skip the motion and buy an Xbox One with Game Pass and teach them to use real controls.

Mine has been gaming since 3yo and never enjoyed the motion stuff anyway.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Ye the novelty is gonna wear off soon. As SauronZA said, rather get a console and standard controller.

GreatWmR

Your best bet would be to get a WII (But no God Of War)
or a PS3 with PS Move

Or if you really have the money a PS4 with PSVR

joker08

Expert Member
The closest thing to motion that actually works is the PlayStation VR which isn’t 4-year old appropriate.

Rather skip the motion and buy an Xbox One with Game Pass and teach them to use real controls.

Mine has been gaming since 3yo and never enjoyed the motion stuff anyway.
I actually convinced my wife that we will buy an xbox so that she can workout by playing motion games

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I actually convinced my wife that we will buy an xbox so that she can workout by playing motion games

You can likely still get hold of a Kinect on gumtree and such.

Possibly even brand new still.

joker08

Expert Member
Thinking of dropping the idea. Might just buy a ps4 to play god of war