MS Teams Issue

Candystore

Not sure if there is a dedicated thread for MS Teams issues?

Can anyone assist me in the steps required for setting a fixed background on Teams calls/meetings, instead of using your own background?

Thanks

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Don't think that is a feature yet. Will see what I can find. Perhaps there is something in Teams admin
They are constantly changing the program - so it may be on their todo list.

Are you talking about the actual screen or the video?

Here is where you can see what is planned Roadmap

This is what is new New

Last edited:

Candystore

Don't think that is a feature yet. Will see what I can find. Perhaps there is something in Teams admin
They are constantly changing the program - so it may be on their todo list.

Are you talking about the actual screen or the video?

Here is where you can see what is planned Roadmap

This is what is new New
The video, during a call or meeting.

I attended training on Teams where I was told that we can currently do that, but it does not work on my side and I was hoping to find a way.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master

I attended training on Teams where I was told that we can currently do that, but it does not work on my side and I was hoping to find a way.
I train it - and I am not able to force others to use a background of my choosing. Still - it is possible I just don't know about it yet. Let me investigate the app and not the web access.

Candystore

I train it - and I am not able to force others to use a background of my choosing. Still - it is possible I just don't know about it yet. Let me investigate the app and not the web access.

Oh no, maybe I spoke incorrectly. The background would be for myself to use during a meeting/call, not for another user.

I access Teams from my desktop PC. This is going to sound idiotic, but how do I know if I am using the browser version or the app? EDIT: I seem to be on the app and am stil unable to solve the issue.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Oh no, maybe I spoke incorrectly. The background would be for myself to use during a meeting/call, not for another user.

I access Teams from my desktop PC. This is going to sound idiotic, but how do I know if I am using the browser version or the app?
Lot it is not idiotic :laugh: We all wondered in the beginning.
The App starts on the Menu at the bottom. When you use the click on Teams when you log into Microsoft 365, it will ask you if you want to continue in the browser or run the App. The app puts an icon in your tray
1590132552284.png
It is best to get the App. But the web version is there if you prefer not to.
When you join the meeting - you should see this
1590132681533.png
That will give you access to blurring or a picture
These are alternative steps
1590132745996.png
1590132819737.png

A Mistake I made in the beginning was to have the app but then open a meeting in the browser. The App decided I should be using it and it opened too. The feedback from my mic was scary as both were picking up sound. So if you have the app, but want to use the browser, force close the app when it does open.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master

During your call press the 3 dots and go to "show background effects".

Capture1.JPG

You can also do this just before you join the meeting...

Candystore

Lot it is not idiotic :laugh: We all wondered in the beginning.
The App starts on the Menu at the bottom. When you use the click on Teams when you log into Microsoft 365, it will ask you if you want to continue in the browser or run the App. The app puts an icon in your tray
View attachment 844111
It is best to get the App. But the web version is there if you prefer not to.
When you join the meeting - you should see this
View attachment 844113
That will give you access to blurring or a picture
These are alternative steps
View attachment 844115
View attachment 844117

A Mistake I made in the beginning was to have the app but then open a meeting in the browser. The App decided I should be using it and it opened too. The feedback from my mic was scary as both were picking up sound. So if you have the app, but want to use the browser, force close the app when it does open.
Thanks so much for all this help and guidance.

I had a scheduled call yesterday and during the call, I tried to change or blur my background, but that option does not show up for me when I click "More Actions".

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Hi Mike

That option does not show for me when I click on the 3 dots for more actions.
You're out of luck until they add support for your device and/or processor...

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Tip. If the connection is bad and you keep on losing a participant - switch on captioning.

And use the Raise your hands option before taking. It really stops people interrupting each other.

1590135657685.png

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Thanks so much for all this help and guidance.

I had a scheduled call yesterday and during the call, I tried to change or blur my background, but that option does not show up for me when I click "More Actions".
Are you on Linux? If not...
Then you are on the browser version. Get the App. You can download it

animal531

Expert Member
Use SnapCamera to add some filters to a video, then pipe that into your Teams meeting :)