MTN are stealing from us

3WA

Executive Member
Its also on month to month now - so its only a months notice and your subscription should be significantly less for the last couple of since no handset charges.
That sounds like the problem - as per OP, he's still being charged device charges.

isie

Honorary Master
That sounds like the problem - as per OP, he's still being charged device charges.
is he sure its past 24 months?
With MTN i have not had this Issue - Last year my contract went over 24 months and the handset charge went away (my friend at work same story) of course then they called and nagged when i want to upgrade/

That's the OPs problem, he cannot get them to cancel it.
How sure is he that both are past 24 months?

Last edited:

marioat1

Expert Member
Our two contracts finished in February 2019. Despite lots of emails and communications, they continue charging us the full contract fees which includes the devices. They promise to fix it but its never done.
What recourse do we have - is there an ombudsman, etc to help us get our money back and penalise MTN for unethical business practices.

TIA
February 2017 did you take a device on 36 month contract so you got it cheaper in theory? What's the contract date in your mymtn app

isie

Honorary Master
February 2017 did you take a device on 36 month contract so you got it cheaper in theory? What's the contract date in your mymtn app
especially if its a laptop or tablet contract - I haven't seen them have a laptop or Tablet for anything less then 36 months for the last few years.

marioat1

Expert Member
Our two contracts finished in February 2019. Despite lots of emails and communications, they continue charging us the full contract fees which includes the devices. They promise to fix it but its never done.
What recourse do we have - is there an ombudsman, etc to help us get our money back and penalise MTN for unethical business practices.

TIA
Any update?