Have you considered one of the Cool Ideas 5G products ? 300GB FUP @R259pm or 450GB FUP @R359pm. You can choose between MTN (location locked) or Vodacom (not locked). No contracts, no debit orders. They also offer a discounted unlocked ZTE G5TS 5G router for R750 for new signups. My CI/Vodacom service has performed very well over the last year.
View attachment 1944363
That is the fck up and why trying so hard to retain my current package as I am in a rural area, the options are limited to 4G or fck all, it is either vodacom or MTN the rest all roam here, otherwise I would have gotten telkom data ages ago for their own network data.
There is some wireless dish providers here but it is like R699 for uncapped data with FUP and speeds of 5mbps/2mbps for the price not too bad but speed wise yeah no thanks. I will rather watch paint dry.
The best offer MTN had for me under the credit limit was 150gig for R389, meaning I am paying R40 odd more for 100 gig less. Which means it is a downgrade instead of an upgrade.
If you can't provide the same amount or more data it isn't an upgrade, you are forcing me into a corner, to try and get me to upgrade.
MTN decided it would be a great idea to go hard with the streaming data packages, knowing full well and a vast majority of users aren't even going to use that aspect of the data, and essentially increased all their package prices as well.
Plus MTN and Vodacom has quite similar data packages with the exception of the streaming. Vodacom's best offer is 100gig anytime and 100gig night owl for R299.00
This package is way better than any offer MTN has.
IDK why but in recent years both MTN and vodacom offers has been steadily going down in value and up in price.
So yeah I rather go prepaid pay the R549 for the 200gig superdata package. I just need to move a couple of things around my budget to get the extra R160 odd bucks, already found the money for that, by closing my ABSA current account which costs me R158 a month which I have been threatening to close for a couple of months closing that **** on Monday as I essentially moved over to FNB eons ago.
But don't worry FNB has been trying their best to upgrade my account to an aspire account as well. Already told them you fcking touch my account I fcking walk, on their most basic savings account which is like 10 bucks a month.
The only reason I haven't closed my ABSA accounts entirely is my funeral policy is with them and my mom is on that policy, I can't get cover for her else where, well I can, but I won't get more than 8k - 10k cover and it will cost an arm and a leg. Her current funeral cover is 30k and for the both of us is R219 a month.
A bit off topic but in a way I am entirely fed up with the way companies have been rinsing south african in all manner of services.
So yeah I rather go prepaid and pay more than settle for the shitty downgrade offers from MTN.
So yeah mtn fck you !!!!!!!!!!!!
As a last ditch effort I can try with MTN is to wait for blackfriday.....not really hopefull and the problem is have to give mtn 30 days notice on monday, or else I will have to pay the motherfckers R353 next month for a downgraded package as the promotional data will fall away since it is an internet ruby package it will be 100gig only.....
So damn of you do, damn if you don't. If you want loyalty buy a dog.