MTN Black Friday Upgrade 2020

Duke of Hazard

It's almost that time of the year again, those of us who got that sweet sweet deal back in 2016 and still have that contract should be getting a personalised Upgrade offer in the coming months.

The black friday offers from all the networks since 2016 have, in my opinion, left alot to be desired. A deal of this magnitude has yet to be repeated, though I have seen some good offers from MTN in the past few months. Here's to hoping that we get offers of more than 100GB R479/m this year.

At the moment anything that comes close is Web Africa / Mweb and Axxess offering the same large packages with a forced purchase of an expensive new router which don't seem to come with battery banks like the B315s did a year or two ago.

Lets see where this goes? Anyone have inside info on whether there are going to be deals this year?

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Eh, a bit early? Still like 6 months/half a year to go...

I can't wait to cancel. They fscked me over for 2 years when they changed the terms of the contract.

Reactions: m3z

Duke of Hazard

They sent me a personalised offer in June 2018 offering some new "customised" offers according to my usage.

It had nothing to do with my usage history but anyway. I waited for the actual deals to be released and nothing came close, so this time, I wont wait until BF

marioat1

Expert Member
3 of those contracts, might just do the earlier upgrade, but damn if the original 50gb gets resurrected I'm going to kick myself.
Fingers crossed vodascum do a clearance sale like in 2018 to get super cheap handsets.

Tim_vb

I can't see this happening again after guys were fired at MTN after the first BF. I plan on sticking to WiFi and whatever prepaid specials they are running as my mobile data use has fallen dramatically

Duke of Hazard

That's crushing. Think I'm going to go fixed LTE and not renew rather, at least you can cancel it and go Fibre when it eventually comes to our area. and at least top up

dlevine

I can't see this happening again after guys were fired at MTN after the first BF. I plan on sticking to WiFi and whatever prepaid specials they are running as my mobile data use has fallen dramatically
Why were ppl fired??

Tim_vb

MTN have MyChoice plans giving 20GB anytime for R199 p/m but no information on the call rate

Ecco

Executive Member
They went out of their way to offer decent deals again in 2018 - if it was such a failure, why continue to offer deals again?

chickenbeef

Executive Member
what they do
I'll quote their e-mail 2 months into the contract:

As of 8 March 2019, there will be an update to the voice pricing on My MTNChoice data plans. The out-of-bundle voice rates will change from R1.20 to R1.99 per minute. In addition, the voice and SMS bundles will no longer be available on the My MTNChoice data plans.
This is why, I don't like signing up for a package and then they chop and change things as they see fit. I had this number for years and didn't want to get a new phone just for dual SIM so this left me between a rock and a hard place.