MTN customer migration could affect airtime and data recharges

Hanno Labuschagne

Expert Member
Staff member
MTN customer migration could affect airtime and data recharges

MTN announced today that it will migrate customers to a new service platform with several enhancements and new features.

The process will be carried out in three phases, with the first batch of MTN contract customers being migrated on 28 January.

According to MTN, the new platform boasts an updated invoice layout and password protection. Additionally, customers will get access to simplified customer processes, quicker authentication, and a better vetting response time.

entrepr

Expert Member
If customers require assistance on the day of their migration, they can contact MTN’s call centre on 135
or they can submit to voluntary root canal treatment - whichever is less painful and time consuming

DXL

Expert Member
I wish they could inform the MTN service centres of the plans to any change of the network. They must also inform the MTN support staff on the 135 number. MTN employees have no idea what is going on.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
MTN said that customers will be notified two hours prior to the start of their migration. Once the process begins, it is expected to last no longer than 16 hours until completion.

However, during this period, certain services like airtime and data recharges could be temporarily affected.
16 hours is quite long for anyone who needs to make an important call...

Bulldog 1

Mtn is one of the worst companies to fix queries. I have a contract for 200gig monthly but since December they only credited me with 100 gig. Logging a query doesn't help. They ignore you like a stopstreet. Still not fixed, two months later.

akescpt

Honorary Master
theres quite the ****up with the datashare data billing but you think i wanna phone 135? **** that motherfucking ****. life's too short empty-n