MTN LTE speeds

AsianSpaceman

Hey everyone,

So I know this is a tough question to answer as it depends on area and such, and especially because of the cable break right now, but I'm on an LTE package with afrihost, on the MTN network, and I just wanted to know what is the general speed I should be getting. Anything better than the generic response of "between 10 - 100 mbps" would be great, TIA !!

rick9k

I can't give you a speed, but my mtn lte is deffinelty suffering from this break

AsianSpaceman

I can't give you a speed, but my mtn lte is deffinelty suffering from this break
I was on the phone with afrihost yesterday, and running speed tests, changing APN, doing resets and all that lovely stuff, the best speed test result I got was 8mbps, all the others were around 2-5 mbps. Eventually she (the afrihost agent) told me to switch the router off and she will do a reset and call back in 5 minutes.. I'm still waiting. I have another LTE package with them about a 5 min drive away, and that 1 is working fine on telkom. I think right now I'm just more sad that I have always loved being with afrihost, but their service (both with product and support) has just been really disappointing. I'm just trying to wait it out till the cable breaks get fixed. Doubt I'll be able to get through my 150+150 package.