Mtn service no worry there is none

Carlo Koekemoer

Active Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
58
Reaction score
11
I signed a new 24 month contract on the 1gb extended data got my modem and connected fine for a whole 3 days and then no connection and got told I owe em over a R1000-00 ever since then I been battling to get this sorted out to no avail , already I am sorry I ever went mtn's way and I went to vodacom instead to get a new cell phone contract after I saw mtn's service .

So the moral of the story for mtn is if you don't want to loose customers replay to their emails two emails I send on their website a week ago still no answer nothing .
 
I signed a new 24 month contract on the 1gb extended data got my modem and connected fine for a whole 3 days and then no connection and got told I owe em over a R1000-00 ever since then I been battling to get this sorted out to no avail , already I am sorry I ever went mtn's way and I went to vodacom instead to get a new cell phone contract after I saw mtn's service .

So the moral of the story for mtn is if you don't want to loose customers replay to their emails two emails I send on their website a week ago still no answer nothing .

Inbox your number and a brief description of whats going on to Pitbull or Snakepit.

Have you tried calling 808 or getting in touch with your credit controler?

also you have to take into account when signing a new contract you will be charged a Pro-Rata fee + monthly fee + sim and activation. On the contract you signed up on it does work out around R1000 for the 1st month. I believe Pitbull or Snakepit will be able to shed some light on this.
 
Why don't MTN just clear the air before the client starts the 24 month contract by saying "There will be a R1000 setup fee" or something such...
 
Thats cause its not necesarily a R1000 startup charge, it depends on when the client gets activated in accordance with his invoice date ie/ he could be activated on 12th july with inv date of 13th and only pay one days pro rata.
 
If he started his contract on lets say the 14th then he would get such a large prorata
 
I started on the 22nd of June was connected on friday night saterday morn and sunday morning on the monday I couldnt connect so in theory its R1000 for 3 days and yes you really should tell clients about this pro rata thing cause NOONE at mtn shop I took out the contract mentioned a thing about it , maybe you could just make it you pay for a month in advance and TELL the clients about it not just assume they will know it .
 
I feel your pain in this regard.Too often has our call centre had to bear the brunt of disgruntled clients because of a dealer wanting to make a commision without actually touching base properly with our clients.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X