MTN towers

Keithk

When you can expect 5G from Vodacom and MTN, This is a write up on MY Broadband...
Cricky what a joke, MTN can't even get their towers working during Load shedding for 3G and 4G, how are they going to manage 5G and this means more power needed for the towers for the 5G upgrades.
Load shedding is here to stay due to brilliant work from Eskom, so the service providers should get their act together and give the services everybody is paying for.

Keithk

How do we report a MTN tower shutting down during load shedding in Parys, there are a few so I can't say which tower I am using

RedViking

Nord of the South
Don't. MTN is slowly busy shutting down towers because the batteries keep being stolen. Or so I think I read somewhere, unless I got the wrong end of the stick.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I expected that, but what about their clients who need the connection
It cost them 100 millions to try to stop the theft, nevermind to keep on replacing stolen goods. Maybe losing clients doesn't cost that much?

RedViking

Nord of the South

Keithk

That's the story of our lives, if you can't beat them, join them

isie

Honorary Master
It cost them 100 millions to try to stop the theft, nevermind to keep on replacing stolen goods. Maybe losing clients doesn't cost that much?
honestly if they went and activated Vowifi it would negate this issue at least for those of us that have fibre access with a power back up

Surv0

Executive Member
Cellphone tower batteries are a hot commodity at the moment....

Napalm

Expert Member
Sadness. the state of our country.

People stealing your backup power for your Internet. When you want to surf the internet while being loadshed. Boom... no internet even while being loadshed.
#BoredWhenLoadshed

When your only entertainment is looking at a candle... or LED lamp i guess.
woman-sad-face-candles.jpg

Keithk

Sadness. the state of our country.

People stealing your backup power for your Internet. When you want to surf the internet while being loadshed. Boom... no internet even while being loadshed.
#BoredWhenLoadshed

When your only entertainment is looking at a candle... or LED lamp i guess.
View attachment 779862
At least I like the pic you shared

dj_jyno

Expert Member
honestly if they went and activated Vowifi it would negate this issue at least for those of us that have fibre access with a power back up
They probably make too much out of international roaming for them to enable VoWi-Fi.