MTN Yello spam

daveza

Honorary Master
Anyone else getting this for the last month ?

There is no opt out option.

I thought unsolicited marketing was now illegal ?

Looney

Expert Member
Yes I'm getting the same thing. 100's of them and I cannot stop them. I just delete them but jirre its annoying!

Elbad

I'm also getting spammed. I opted out with STOP to 30246. Got an SMS to say I have removed from the mailing list. Then a few hours later another one...

Luckily my phone can mute the notifications from that number, so it doesn't go off all the time, but every time I check my phone the icon shows a few unread SMSs. It really is around 2 per day... Enough to make me consider switching to CellC or something

FlashSA

Executive Member
This is one of the reason's holding me back from moving to MTN. While their prepaid data rates are superior to Vodacom, the SMS spam I have experienced on an MTN prepaid sim in my tablet is terrible! My voice line on Vodacom prepaid doesn't get any network spam!

They really need to sort that nonsense out!

Chris The Man

I get this " R100 000 worth of DEVICES To be WON! Get the latest news on www.news24.co.za with a R40 Daily Bundle. Dial *141*2*133# & u could WIN a DEVICE! Ends 30/06. Ts&Cs. " twice a day. WTF!!?!

ponder

Honorary Master
Any idea on how to stop this? I've opted out before but it just keeps on coming.

vij

I got one saying "Are you lonely? Dial 32.... for love tips etc." I was like farrrk , even MTN thinks I'm a joke

Billwill

This is exactly what I did...got the same SMS message from MTN that they would remove my number....next day back to the Spam again!

I would have lodged a threatening legal threat with them if I could only get their website to work!:confused: