Mushrooms

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Went over to my mother for supper the other night and she made a mushroom soup as a starter. I love mushrooms so didn't mind, but my Dad hates them, so I was really surprised though when he went back for more and then even more.

It uses a few different types of mushrooms, but I'll try get the recipe if your interested for another time

I ended up making the mushroom pilaf (I posted the recipe a page back) and it turned out lovely.

DJK: I love risotto but it is much too fattening.
Nothing in moderation is fattening. But yes, risotto is not the healthiest main meal...

wtf is risotto - cheese?
Short-grain rice (usually arborio) dish (Italian) cooked slowly in stock, wine, cream, usually parmesan as well at the end and then any flavours you want to add. The stock/wine soaks into the rice and the remaining liquid reduces into a thick sauce. It is awesome!!!

Wild Mushroom Risotto

This was dinner:

Damn, was good, if I say so myself...

Last edited:

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
you know i have been eating pies since i was a youngster and it was always chicken and mushroom pies that were my favourite, these days i will eat just about any pie and i think there is only the roast chicken pie that you get that does not have mushrooms in it but i may be mistaken. i actually just had a steak pie now.

Boodles

Executive Member
Hey DJk, that risotto looks pretty darn good to me.

Looks like your a bit of a decent chef/cook.

Nice one.

Hey DJk, that risotto looks pretty darn good to me.

Looks like your a bit of a decent chef/cook.

Nice one.
Thanks man ;) Tomorrow I will make some arancini and post some pics of that too. It is basically crumbed, deep fried leftover risotto - lufferly!!!

I love cooking. Studied it for 6 months in France but I prefer cooking italian food to be honest. I cook daily as well, which helps...