MWEB's "Free" uncapped hosting no longer Free?

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
1,747
Location
JHB
I was looking through my MWEB bill the other day when I noticed I was suddenly being billed for my "Free" uncapped hosting which was something I signed up for over a year ago - a perk of being an MWEB uncapped ADSL subscriber. I'm pretty sure I read through the terms and conditions thoroughly and as far as I remember this was a free service with the only cost being the R99 domain renewal at the end of the first year - and every year thereafter.

Has anyone else been caught by this / have a copy of the original terms and conditions?

I received NO communication from MWEB that I was suddenly being billed for this service - which is a bit of a **** move on MWEB's part.

Upon querying, MWEB had the following to say:
"The Uncapped Hosting product was captured on 4 April 2012 therefore free for one year only. The product then became billable on 4 April 2013 where you were charged R19.00 per month and as from 1 May 2013 there was a R10.00 price increase so therefore R29.00 per month from there."
 
As I remember it has always been a free for a year from commencement of the contract. You probably didn't read the TOC properly.
 
Thanks, looks like you're right.


http://mybroadband.co.za/news/hosting-storage/19155-mweb-uncapped-hosting-for-r19.html

Any advise on how to transfer my domain name/hosting to another provider? - I wasn't completely happy with mweb (yes, even though it was free).

It's simple. If you are moving a website & email, first sign up for the hosting package with your new host. Once the account is created, upload the website to the new host's server and create the email accounts. Then inform Mweb that you'll be transferring the domain away from them. Then issue a transfer request with your new host. Done.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X