MXit CEO crunches the numbers

manesan

Ever since this clown took over, MyBB has been giving him and his company alot of attention.

Beri

Expert Member
lol. not going to happen. Unless daddy injects some money so he can sell it

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Me thinks he is trying too hard to convince the public that he did not make a bad investment but maybe it's not the public he is trying to convince

Katoolsie

Mxit? Whats that again?....oh yes. Now I remember...Its that thing that got killed off by BBM and Whatsapp.

crackersa

Honorary Master
they day this guy used the term American Colonization, i have thought of him as an ass clown.....but, he does make a point that most seem to be missing.

1. he's not going after the South African market but the whole continent.
2. Remember, most african users do not have a smart phone, so the MXIT aplication should (i say should cause i never used it) should run on all the lower end phones quite smoothly.

Niren_M

Dunno of anyone that still uses Mxit. Most of my contacts are on Whatsapp.

RichardG

Honorary Master
We have BBM,whatapp,facebook :) what more can u ask for :)

MxIT is a pay service and some people can spend more than R20 a week+bandwidth(if u using a smartphone that doesn't have "BIS") amount adds up.

bxm

How is MXit a social network?

MXit is a chat app. At least that's how I remember it from like 5 years back...

lomcevak

Ever since this clown took over, MyBB has been giving him and his company alot of attention.

+1

What I can't understand is:

If they are turning over 100 million and not making anything on the bottom line, surely they need to look at controlling costs, rather than placing the golden ticket on attracting 12 million new subscribers. And those numbers seem very bullish to me.

But who knows, maybe they pull it off. My money would be against them. There is just too much competition out there.

Allin

Expert Member
What's with MyBB and Mxit? After some real good, hard news over the last few days MyBB reverts to publishing every utterance by AKC II. What's next? Please don't go the You magazine route.

tco21

Cynical Grinch
Wow. What the hell is with all the negativity? Mxit is huge, actively used by millions of people who aren't you people on your high horses, and provides actual value to a lot of them. Who gives a c*** about outlier opinions about the platform and tangential arguments about whether or not it's a social network. AKG-jr has been driving the company really hard since joining, and I give him kudos for that.

Whether he is a trust fund kid as Mercurial puts it, the fact is there's a lot of real work being done behind the scenes. The moaners would all know right, since you guys also provide value to millions of people?

/end rant/

abandonallhope

Expert Member
The funny thing is that all these fearless forum warriors will shrivel up in a pool of their own tears if they had to tell him that to his face.

Internet anonymity really is awesome isn't it ?

Viva

Expert Member
Wow. What the hell is with all the negativity? Mxit is huge, actively used by millions of people who aren't you people on your high horses, and provides actual value to a lot of them. Who gives a c*** about outlier opinions about the platform and tangential arguments about whether or not it's a social network. AKG-jr has been driving the company really hard since joining, and I give him kudos for that.

Whether he is a trust fund kid as Mercurial puts it, the fact is there's a lot of real work being done behind the scenes. The moaners would all know right, since you guys also provide value to millions of people?

/end rant/

I agree. Some of our forum members really get emotional about AKC. Seems a little irrational to me. The guy is just trying to make a success of a company that helps millions of people.

Bern

Expert Member
Mxit? Whats that again?....oh yes. Now I remember...Its that thing that got killed off by BBM and Whatsapp.

What?? I highly doubt that and I don't know if you noticed, but their subscriber base is growing. BBM is device only, so its market is very limited and I believe when Whatsapp (currently making a MASSIVE loss) implements their paid service plan (read their T&Cs) they will haemorrhage clients.

MXit hits a market WhatsApp and BBM don't - the cheap phone market. Also they are not just a chat app, its a social site where people can meet each other etc - it is hugely successful and unique in this regard. Once they refine it a bit for the smartphone market and add micropayment options watch how quickly they displace WhatsApp as the device independent chat app of choice..

they day this guy used the term American Colonization, i have thought of him as an ass clown.....but, he does make a point that most seem to be missing.

1. he's not going after the South African market but the whole continent.
2. Remember, most african users do not have a smart phone, so the MXIT aplication should (i say should cause i never used it) should run on all the lower end phones quite smoothly.

At least some one is thinking rationally!