My camera fell off the balcony!

AntiThesis

Executive Member
There's no :crying: icon good enough for what I currently feel.

My beloved 20D and my Sigma lens plummeted off my balcony just now. I decided to take photos of a FRIGGIN DOVE and when I put camera down on my chest the strap came loose.

There's really not very much physical damage (on the outside) to her. The lens has a bit of a dent but doesn't do anything (and makes a rattley, glassy sound) and the mirror is cracked.

She died doing what she loved most, cranked up to 300mm zoom and clicking away. She will be missed.

My poor baby, she served me well.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Yes. Fortunately took out insurance last year sometime.

But I loved that camera man. We did many beautiful things together. I wonder if my wife will let me have a wake?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yes. Fortunately took out insurance last year sometime.

But I loved that camera man. We did many beautiful things together. I wonder if my wife will let me have a wake?
Free upgrade time.

Just think of all the good times you'll have with the newer, younger model. ;)

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Well, have phoned it in and will wait to see what they say. Hope they don't screw me and I end up with a PNS. Or worse, a Nikon!

Dolby

Honorary Master
I don't think replace with an inferior product, surely?

;)

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Now now, my wife is not insured :D Besides, she is the young, hot model :D

Perhaps she'll console me :D

swift412

We are gathered here today in rememberance of our dearly departed, AntiThesis' 20D. May it's beloved soul rest in peace. Amen.

chau

Now now, my wife is not insured :D Besides, she is the young, hot model :D

Perhaps she'll console me :D

Pics or it didnt happen ;) hahaha just kidding.
Sorry to hear about your camera! I think I want to "drop" my camera soon so I can get an upgrade

Positively Negative

Expert Member
Pics or it didnt happen ;) hahaha just kidding.
Sorry to hear about your camera! I think I want to "drop" my camera soon so I can get an upgrade

Thats what i dont get? Is there really insurance available for accidents :confused: I mean surely ppl will 'drop' thier cameras once they want an upgrade?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Thats what i dont get? Is there really insurance available for accidents :confused: I mean surely ppl will 'drop' thier cameras once they want an upgrade?
Of course there is. I'm more concerned about accidents when I insure my laptops and camera equipment than I ever am about other aspects such as theft.

Obviously it is open to abuse and we all end up paying for that, including the perpetrator since they may lose their NCB and be subject to increases in their premium.

Positively Negative

Expert Member
Of course there is. I'm more concerned about accidents when I insure my laptops and camera equipment than I ever am about other aspects such as theft.

Obviously it is open to abuse and we all end up paying for that, including the perpetrator since they may lose their NCB and be subject to increases in their premium.

Yeah i mean what if you buy a camera and after a year a newer model comes out. is it just acceptable to DROP your camera and claim from insurance to get a new one?
surely that is some form of fruad :confused:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yeah i mean what if you buy a camera and after a year a newer model comes out. is it just acceptable to DROP your camera and claim from insurance to get a new one?
surely that is some form of fruad :confused:
It sure is. :)

Juggy

Executive Member
It is fraud for sure. I insured my 450D for 8k because that's what it costs to replace with the newest model. All risk insurance is of paramount importance for anything that leaves the house and some items that don't.

Last edited: