My contract SIM forced to roam

jax_maxit

Firstly let me begin by saying how ignorant I am/was. Last year I went off overseas for holidays and only returned when my airline emailed us saying their last flights would be in the middle of Jan. So I was completely unaware of anything regarding Cell C.

This morning while using my phone, I lost connection. It then automatically started roaming. Being on contract I panicked, and kept manually searching for the Cell C 4G network and selecting it. This never worked and it kept resorting back to Roaming. I asked friends who are on prepaid if they had any problems and nope. Their phones were working okay. Still had network.
I tried manually selecting the Cell C network in different areas, but my phone still won't allow me to use it. I have a second contract on a Huawei router, and it's working just fine. I am now worried about making phone calls or switching on data on my phone when I'm out the house in case I get charged extra next month.

epah

Expert Member
Firstly let me begin by saying how ignorant I am/was. Last year I went off overseas for holidays and only returned when my airline emailed us saying their last flights would be in the middle of Jan. So I was completely unaware of anything regarding Cell C.

This morning while using my phone, I lost connection. It then automatically started roaming. Being on contract I panicked, and kept manually searching for the Cell C 4G network and selecting it. This never worked and it kept resorting back to Roaming. I asked friends who are on prepaid if they had any problems and nope. Their phones were working okay. Still had network.
I tried manually selecting the Cell C network in different areas, but my phone still won't allow me to use it. I have a second contract on a Huawei router, and it's working just fine. I am now worried about making phone calls or switching on data on my phone when I'm out the house in case I get charged extra next month.
No you wont be charged extra, cell c is moving to vodacoms network or mtn. most people are roaming right now. Have a cuppa tea and stop panicking.