MyADSL Movie Thread

I watched Rendition......





of course I didn't. You'd have to rip my eyes from my head :D
 
I found Rendition to be utterly crap. Anyone watch The Mist? Based on the novella by Stephen King. I enjoyed it.

Ye, Watched The Mist. I got bored half way though and started skipping bits. Its not a bad make from a book and i know the main focus is how the different people in the supermarket react but it gets a bit long n could do with a bit more atmosphere. The end is pretty kreepy though..

Recently watched Sunshine. Quite a spiffy little sci-fi flick
and Control. Very cool profile of Ian Curtis from Joy Division
 
The last 2 films that impressed me recently are not new films but they both blew me away

Donnie Darko
DeadMan

Have to agree with you there Pixie22. Just watched the Directors cut of Donnie Darko - blew me away as well. This movie now falls with Forest Gump as the 2 movies to have impressed me the most in my lifetime. 'wow', Don't know what else to say about it ...
 
Anyone watched "No country for old men"?

Good movie... The wife and I really enjoyed it.

I'd give it 8/10...


Really????

I saw that crap - I have seen every Coen brothers movie ever made, and loved them all - until No Country. :( A friend warned me not to see it, but I didn't listen to her, I thought Coen bros, what could go wrong?

There was nothing to like in that movie, no connection to any of the characters, nothing. My only thought when that movie ended (abruptly) was "Thank God, time for some coffee".

I can't believe that drek won Best Picture - I really think it was a case of the emperor's new clothes.

I'd give it a 1/10, seriously. The one point is for the cattle bolt machine and the shot of the floor after the deputy was strangled at the beginning of the movie.

What did you like about it, SS and blueghost? I really felt ripped off after seeing it.
 
Last edited:
Anyone watched "No country for old men"?

Good movie... The wife and I really enjoyed it.

I'd give it 8/10...
Yeah - great movie. One of the better ones I've seen in quite some time.
 
The Remains of the Day is on Mnet Stars @ 21:30. Excellent film that Chiskop & co should differently watch ;)
 
21 is a really good movie. Try and read the book before you watch the movie though.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X