Need an app to control media volume

maumau

Honorary Master
Lying on the couch watching netflix on my Tab S3 tablet.

Volume is up because mumble, mumble, mumble in a thick Scottish accent. Suddenly the movie cuts to inside factory. Noise is cacophonic and I have to jump up, grab my tablet and fiddle for the volume button. Really? There's no onscreen volume slider?

None on youtube either :( at least not that I can see.

There are several apps available on the play store that adjust volume, does anyone have personal experience of one?

Trust|Nobody

Lying on the couch watching netflix on my Tab S3 tablet.

Volume is up because mumble, mumble, mumble in a thick Scottish accent. Suddenly the movie cuts to inside factory. Noise is cacophonic and I have to jump up, grab my tablet and fiddle for the volume button. Really? There's no onscreen volume slider?

None on youtube either :( at least not that I can see.

There are several apps available on the play store that adjust volume, does anyone have personal experience of one?
You can control the volume from the android drop down. There's a speaker icon. Press it. It's called the "Volume Panel".

Maybe I don't understand your problem.

maumau

Honorary Master
You can control the volume from the android drop down. There's a speaker icon. Press it. It's called the "Volume Panel".

Maybe I don't understand your problem.
Thanks but bringing down the android drop down pauses the video. There used to be a speaker on the video slider so you could pause, stop, move forward and backward and also adjust volume. You'd show the slider by touching the screen during a movie.

Trust|Nobody

Use VLC media player to watch videos.

Place your finger on the right side of the screen while the video is playing and move up or down to increase or decrease the volume.

Maybe this works on other players to.

cpu.

Expert Member

Place your finger on the right side of the screen while the video is playing and move up or down to increase or decrease the volume.

VLC don't work with Netflix (use its own player).

Geoff.D

Executive Member
Yup. Hugely irritating even on TV these days. It would seem the broadcasters have long ago stopped heeding to public requests to "BaLance" sound between movies and adverts.
I can't see streaming suppliers doing any different, so an external agency is required (app). For us it is the "mute" button.

Last edited:

Trust|Nobody

I don't know what Netflix is, but try this method while the video is playing. If it doesn't work, contact the developers on app store and ask for this functionality to be installed.

I use it all the time to adjust volume and/or brightness while watching on my android TV box.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I don't know what Netflix is, but try this method while the video is playing. If it doesn't work, contact the developers on app store and ask for this functionality to be installed.

I use it all the time to adjust volume and/or brightness while watching on my android TV box.
You don't know what Netflix is?

maumau

Honorary Master
Found one! Samsung Sound Assistant. Only just installed it so things might change but so far WOW. What an app. You can set it so the app button stays on the screen. Touch the button and a slider appears. Loving it.