• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Need help on SP24 Solar geyser controller

isie

Executive Member
Hi All
Does anyone else have a Sp24 Solar geyser controller looks like this.
i found the manual and a youtube video on it but it doesn't give much info on what setting is what.

solar-water-heater-controller-intelligent-SP24-for-split-pressure-system-2-years-warranty-500set.jpg

I want the solar to warm it up over 60c but electric backup to be only like max 50c so that way the electric doesnt use alot of power and don't need to worry about Legionella if the Solar takes care of that?
also any other tips the controller doesn't seem very smart as It looks like it works based on a time based for both solar and Electric back up but not purely temp based

Attachments

SideWinder

Isie,

It should work strait out of the box. Delta Temp is 7 or 8 deg. Just make sure T1 = temp probe in collector, and T2 is temp probe in geyser. T1 should be a 10K probe , and T2 a 1K probe, else your readings will be off. The pump signal - the arrow pointing upwards on the left of the LCD screen, should start to flash when delta temp is reached, and switch off when T1 is close to T2.

isie

Executive Member
Isie,

It should work strait out of the box. Delta Temp is 7 or 8 deg. Just make sure T1 = temp probe in collector, and T2 is temp probe in geyser. T1 should be a 10K probe , and T2 a 1K probe, else your readings will be off. The pump signal - the arrow pointing upwards on the left of the LCD screen, should start to flash when delta temp is reached, and switch off when T1 is close to T2.
thanks man, thats how its set up , i just need to check what sensors were used in each. so far i had to only replace the sensor on the collector
But so far looks like it switches off when the temps are close, just like I said doesn't seem very intelligent

SideWinder

Yes, I think the unit switches off when the temp of both are close. There should be a setting for this. DELTA ON & DELTA OFF

BTW, I think I got the two probe types mixed up.

T1 (the one in the collector) must be a PT1000 one, T2-T5 is the NTC10k type.

isie

Executive Member
Yes, I think the unit switches off when the temp of both are close. There should be a setting for this. DELTA ON & DELTA OFF

BTW, I think I got the two probe types mixed up.

T1 (the one in the collector) must be a PT1000 one, T2-T5 is the NTC10k type.
yep collector has the pt1000 and the t1 and t2 have the ntc type