Neotel WiMax Lite or wait for ADSL?

jagerhound

Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
I recently moved from one area of Honeydew Ridge to another (only 2 streets away). Telkom were unable to move my landline with ADSL due to lack of cables. They only time frame they can give me is two months, IF it is signed off by the Executives.

Is it worth me waiting for Telkom, or should I sign up to Neotel WiMAX Lite? I paid R176 for Telkom plus R397 for Afrihost 2MB Uncapped. The Neotel offering for the same speed is R749.

I mostly use the Internet for streaming (BBC iPlayer), and for game updates on my PS4.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you in advance.
 
If you absolutely need a landline - go DSL

Have they installed a new MSAN with the new cable? - If not, go Wimax

If you need a static IP address - go Wimax

Are you maxing out uploads previously on DSL - then go Wimax

My choice - if I have to make one - Wimax, if you pass the coverage and LOS test!! Detest having to pay for something I don't want/need (the landline)
 
Haha, thanks! The WiMax option seems a popular one. I don't need a landline, static IP is fine. I never had problems with my previous adsl, but it's frustrating not knowing when or if, a cable will be available.

I'll double check Neotel. coverage/LOS. Thanks for the advice.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X