.NET Developer 5+ years experience

Ryan Innes

REVISED STARTING CTC IN COMMENTS BELOW.

Hi MBB Devs,

I have a client based in Muizenberg looking for a .NET Core Dev with a minimum of 5 years experience and the following skills.

Technologies/experience required:
• Microsoft C# (Core 2.0, Web API2)
• Good working knowledge of relational databases
• SQL 2016+
• Visual Studio
• Experience with Source Control (TFS and GIT)
• J-Query, AJAX, CSS3 and HTML 5
• Experience with Angular 2+

Beneficial:
• Strong understanding on design patterns and principles
• Designing and building REST API’s
• Exposure to Native android and/or IOS development
• Microsoft Azure or related cloud technologies
• Familiarity with SCRUM and other agile methodologies

CTC: R420k - R600k pa based on skills and experience.

Note from client:

Please note: due to the current COVID-19 pandemic all our staff are currently working from home. Applicants must have a high-speed internet connection at home, as well as a quiet space to work.

Applicants must be available for an interview at our offices in Muizenberg, Cape Town, and must hold valid South African passports or work permits.

Should this interest you or if you have any questions or comments please feel free to DM me or email ryan@pureplacements.co.za

TIA

Last edited:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Technologies/experience required:
• Microsoft C# (Core 2.0, Web API2)
Change that to .Net Core, but tbh if you know framework, you know Core, it's very similar with some syntax difference, I assume you're picking Core 2.0 as that's what the company is using? Don't specify the version number as it's irrelevant (plus I really hope a business project would use the LTS release, 2.1...).
• Good working knowledge of relational databases
• SQL 2016+
Just say MS SQL.
• Visual Studio
That's an IDE, leave it out of the job listing, it's irrelevant what tool one wants to use, I like Jetbrain's stuff, doesn't make me a worse dev.
• Experience with Source Control (TFS and GIT)
I'm sure they only use one? Plus they'd learn the commands for either, it's the same thing. Just say what stack the company is using.
• J-Query, AJAX, CSS3 and HTML 5
• Experience with Angular 2+
So you want a front-end dev as well? At least change the title to full stack .Net + Angular.
Beneficial:
• Strong understanding on design patterns and principles
• Designing and building REST API’s
• Exposure to Native android and/or IOS development
Microsoft Azure or related cloud technologies
That's dev ops now.
• Familiarity with SCRUM and other agile methodologies
So you use scrum or do you use something else? Just say what they use, e.g. Scrum, and if it's their own version of scrum, say Agile.

Would be really nice if you could actually look through the job posting rather than copy pasting blindly, considering that's your job based on the domain.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Change that to .Net Core, but tbh if you know framework, you know Core, it's very similar with some syntax difference, I assume you're picking Core 2.0 as that's what the company is using? Don't specify the version number as it's irrelevant (plus I really hope a business project would use the LTS release, 2.1...).

Just say MS SQL.

That's an IDE, leave it out of the job listing, it's irrelevant what tool one wants to use, I like Jetbrain's stuff, doesn't make me a worse dev.

I'm sure they only use one? Plus they'd learn the commands for either, it's the same thing. Just say what stack the company is using.

So you want a front-end dev as well? At least change the title to full stack .Net + Angular.

That's dev ops now.

So you use scrum or do you use something else? Just say what they use, e.g. Scrum, and if it's their own version of scrum, say Agile.

Would be really nice if you could actually look through the job posting rather than copy pasting blindly, considering that's your job based on the domain.
You are being overly pedantic.
I do pretty much all those things on a daily basis (except iOS and Android), including using both git and TFS and I was hired as "software engineer".
Not all companies allow devs to completely wash their hand of dev ops stuff.

As far as job ads go, this one is pretty decent and gives prospective applicants enough info to determine if it's a position they want to apply for.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I do pretty much all those things on a daily basis (except iOS and Android), including using both git and TFS and I was hired as "software engineer".

As far as job ads go, this one is pretty decent and gives prospective applicants enough info to determine if it's a position they want to apply for.
Then you were hired as full stack, my issue is not the job listing but that it says dotnet when clearly it's not.

The position is definitely two different jobs and how it's wittten it could be 3.

In regards to tfs and git, you must be working on some pretty old/crap projects if you are stuck using tfs.

Ryan Innes

@Johnatan56 I've asked the client to relook/tidy at/up their spec/role description based on feedback below.

Just say MS SQL.

That's dev ops now.

Ryan Innes

Thanks @Barbarian Conan

Ryan Innes

Hi All,

I've discussed the CTC with the client and they have agreed to revise the CTC for the role to start at +/-R600k pa instead of R420k pa.