Netflix on Bitco FUP

jjvdw

Hi, I'm considering getting a Bitco 5Mbps line but have a concern with regards to streaming Netflix and the fair use policy.
For how long can one watch Netflix before the FUP kicks in? When it does kick in, is Netflix still watchable?

Pitbull

Verboten
Hi, I'm considering getting a Bitco 5Mbps line but have a concern with regards to streaming Netflix and the fair use policy.
For how long can one watch Netflix before the FUP kicks in? When it does kick in, is Netflix still watchable?

Which devices are you going to be streaming on?

I used to watch Netflix on a 5Mbps connection on TV as well as the Ipad with zero issue in quality. But since upgrading the TV, My PC and everything else in the house I had to upgrade to 10Mbps. Not that it was a must, I just felt I'd be saver that way. Since the kids all each have a tablet too and they watch Netflix.

But if it's for 1 or 2 devices running at the same time it should be no issue.

Pitbull

Verboten
PS3 & Ipad, but only one device at a time.

You'll have zero issues. I have used both at the same time on 5Mbps line. Netflix is prioritized on Bitco iirc.

Edit: I have noticed that some times the quality at the start is not very good (a minute or so - on the Ipad) and then it's 100%. But that even happens on the 10Mbps line and only sometimes.

BitCo

BitCo representative
Company Rep

Hi jjvdw,

It is possible to reach the FUP on a 5Mbps line if you are streaming in HD for a long period of time, it would be difficult to give you an exact time frame as it all depends on the stream you are receiving and the amount of utilization.

I have tested my home link on 5Mbps and streaming media works 100% perfect, I have watched a 2 Hour movie in HD without any problems.

General feedback from the users is that it works very well with streaming HD, in the event of you reaching the FUP all that will happen is your quality will lower down to SD

10Mbps would obviously be ideal, but both packages will work well as the service is optimized throughout our network

Mike