Netgear DGN220v4 Access Point Issues

Neuk_

Expert Member
I have an Asus RT-AC68U as our main WiFi router and have run a cable from it to an old NetGear DGN2200v4 that I setup as an access point by giving a fixed IP address in the Asus IP address range and disabled using the router as DHCP server so the Asus should still act as the DHCP server. The NetGear works for 5 - 10 minutes and then nothing can connect to it via WiFi for some reason, does anybody have any ideas or setup I can check? I had it working months ago in our lounge as a test and I have done the setup twice to make sure I didn't miss anything but I can't get it to work.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I have an Asus RT-AC68U as our main WiFi router and have run a cable from it to an old NetGear DGN2200v4 that I setup as an access point by giving a fixed IP address in the Asus IP address range and disabled using the router as DHCP server so the Asus should still act as the DHCP server. The NetGear works for 5 - 10 minutes and then nothing can connect to it via WiFi for some reason, does anybody have any ideas or setup I can check? I had it working months ago in our lounge as a test and I have done the setup twice to make sure I didn't miss anything but I can't get it to work.
Sounds like you are plugging it into the WAN port, you must plug it into the LAN port on the Netgear.

Lan to Lan

And if i recall there should be an AP setting in the netgear with a picture too.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Sounds like you are plugging it into the WAN port, you must plug it into the LAN port on the Netgear.

Lan to Lan
Nope, plugged in to a LAN port

And if i recall there should be an AP setting in the netgear with a picture too.
Could you give more details? The how to I used previously just has instructions to turn off option to use router as a DHCP server and change the IP address to one within the range of the main WiFi router.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Nope, plugged in to a LAN port

Could you give more details? The how to I used previously just has instructions to turn off option to use router as a DHCP server and change the IP address to one within the range of the main WiFi router.
Try not to use DHCP server on the AP, turn it off completely.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Arg :rolleyes: I cannot figure this out, it seems like the Netgear WiFi router is only allowing one device to connect at a time, so if my phone is connected then my girlfriends won't connect, neitehr will our laptops or our Google Chromecast.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Arg :rolleyes: I cannot figure this out, it seems like the Netgear WiFi router is only allowing one device to connect at a time, so if my phone is connected then my girlfriends won't connect, neitehr will our laptops or our Google Chromecast.
You dont have something like this:

1597424153438.png