Network switches and cables for rent?

danieldevill

Hey,
I'm planning on hosting a LAN party at my school with about 50 students. All the facilities have been organized but our IT department is not prepared to disassemble the network for a single night. We therefore need to hire networking equipment. Any suggestions?

nkawit

AllWorldIT
Company Rep
Hey,
I'm planning on hosting a LAN party at my school with about 50 students. All the facilities have been organized but our IT department is not prepared to disassemble the network for a single night. We therefore need to hire networking equipment. Any suggestions?
Can you pm me with what you need? we have a large amount of hardware we setup live tests for which may not be used and which we would not mind renting out.

syntax

Executive Member
Why not just look at buying a big roll of cable, making your own and buying 8 cheap 8 port switches.
Between 50 of you, i dont see it costing more than R100 each

eCliPSe

you just need 3x 24 port switches. The cable would be your own problems... but if you contact some vendors i am sure they will lend you a few end of life switches. :D

danieldevill

I've found a company willing to rent out some 24 port switches. All i need now is a lot of networking cables to put everything together.