New Artwork Builder Application: MyTvix

rogerwe

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know of my upcoming release of MyTvix, an alternative application to TViXIE and Movie GUI Builder. Its by no means as polished as these two yet, but my aim is to provide an alternative approach to the artwork builders.

I'm still busy testing the application against my own TViX and will soon get a release out.

My initial version relied heavily on Imdb, which I'm not too crazy about because according to Imdb, any form of screen scraping contravenes their copyright clause.

Instead I use Tmdb, a freely available service that is legit.

The problem is that some people simply prefer Imdb's ratings and info, so I've still left the option of importing from Imdb if you want to.

Check out my very basic website for now: http://mytvix.notions.co.za/

Last edited:

ipodmusicman

rogerwe, I cannot wait! I am using Movie GUI Builder, but I am finding a few things that I just don't like - currently when I click on a movie to scrape, it launches my browser (Firefox) with the Amazon listing of the movie I want to scrape. Weird, but in any case, I hope that your interface is going to be miles better and easier to use and perhaps more powerful than the others out there.

Just out of curiosity, why did you call it MyTvix focusing on TVIX? Surely that would suggest to others that this app is mainly for TVIX players? I would suggest that you give it a more generic name so to match any multimedia player out there. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but hopefully you can come up with a name that does not focus on a particular media player.

rogerwe

Just out of curiosity, why did you call it MyTvix focusing on TVIX? Surely that would suggest to others that this app is mainly for TVIX players? I would suggest that you give it a more generic name so to match any multimedia player out there. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but hopefully you can come up with a name that does not focus on a particular media player.

Hey ipodmusicman,

Thanks for the heads up. You're 100% right, the name needs to be more generic. I can't think of a good name just yet, but I'll make sure the final version has a different name. I wanted something MediaExpress, but HP have got that name already!

What media player do you have?

I'm going to have to do research on what other media players look for when scanning folders for their fanart/background images.

ipodmusicman

Hey rogerwe, I'm got a Mede8er and like you, the curernt tools are just not doing the trick. I like the idea of a web interface. Very nice and clean.

Are you going to support TV series? Also, are you also going to create the about.jpg file as well. I know that for the tvix, the tvix.jpg file is the one that contains the synopsis, etc where the about.jpg works well with the Mede8er.

rogerwe

I wasn't going to do TV series support just yet, but if there's enough interest (which I think there will be/is), I'll bump it up the priority liest.

Great, thank you so much for the info regarding about.jpg. Just what I needed to know.

BTW, I updated the website with a new screen shot. I added the "Poster Flow" screen on the Home menu. Check it out mytvix.notions.co.za/