New Audi A4

HakSaw

I'm considering getting one. Any thoughts/ideas/recommendations/criticisms/etc?

Nocturnity

Expert Member
Wait for the 3.2 V6 or 3.0 TDI. :D

Also, have a look at the new Honda Accord being launched in 2 weeks.

thedutchman

Expert Member
the audi a 4 is an awsome car, with the S-Line sport package and a decent engine you will have yourself a car for 10 years at least.

kevinswan007

Expert Member
I love audi's, but I have a question thats bothering me.
why are there so many 2nd hand audi's available for so cheap!?

Is there something I should know? Expensive running costs? Severe problems later on in its life?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Thats actually a good question, I think maybe its because alot of ppl bought them and now can't afford them anymore with the new interest rate hikes and stuff...

xrapidx

Honorary Master

Is there something I should know? Expensive running costs? Severe problems later on in its life?

Thats actually a good question, I think maybe its because alot of ppl bought them and now can't afford them anymore with the new interest rate hikes and stuff...

Dont think the resale value is good, a bit like BMW, butthe car itself is good. My parents have an 200x 1.9Tdi... doesn't feel like a diesel though.

icyrus

Executive Member
I would imagine that people consider them to be too expensive to keep when the moterplan expires.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yup, but I've found from personal experience that servicing an Audi is not stupidly expensive.. lil bit more than my Golf4, but not too much more. I am prob gonna get myself an 05 or 06 A4 soon enough since the new model will bring the price of the older model down a lil bit more...

Nocturnity

Expert Member
As long as it's not the 1.8T or 2.0T. They have serious issues later in life with their turbos and replacements are just under R30 000.

JayN

I an A4 fan. I bought my first A4 in 1998 and it is still going strong. I also have a second A4 (2003) which also goes very well. Servicing is not too bad.

I'd give the new A4 a thumbs up ... looks great and I'm sure the drive / handling will be as good as the looks.

JayN

semiautomatix

Honorary Master

There are many car's available for so cheap, full stop... Thanks uncle Tito!

zamicro

Expert Member
Had a test drive yesterday with a TDI and I must say it is VERY nice. But at this stage I am not ready to splash out R300k on a car.

sdd

Expert Member
that new audi is really good looking.

cannot fault the car ... it is just SA perceptions that lead to Audi having poor resale value. If you are going to buy an Audi - make sure you buy it used (demo). Let the first oke take the knock. I do the same with BMW and the strategy has yet to fail.

If you are salaried employee - it is best to buy used.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master

I'd say that it's because it's no longer covered by the maintenance plan. BMWs suffer from the same issue. Basically, since their parts are so expensive, their value drops like crazy once the maintenance plan expires.

It's not because they're unreliable or there are problems later on, it's just that if something does break then you're a bit screwed. We're talking something like R15k for an aircon pump :(