new order with existing octotel line

novocainer

Hi there, I want to put in a new order with CI for the start of next month. I have an existing octotel line and my own router. Current ISP is afrihost.

What is involved in getting a new order? How long does it take?

blaine666

You would have to start with cancelling Afrihost, CI cannot do much if the line is with another ISP.

dasdk

Don’t do it unless you really have issues staying with afrihost
Afrihost is a good network think twice
But it should be seem less if both isps play their part

not sure about Octotel but I wouldn’tswitch ISPs for least another few years and only if I had too

I’m on Vumatel trenched

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Don’t do it unless you really have issues staying with afrihost
Afrihost is a good network think twice
But it should be seem less if both isps play their part

not sure about Octotel but I wouldn’tswitch ISPs for least another few years and only if I had too

I’m on Vumatel trenched
In your case it was a bit more complicated, usually a move is pretty seamless.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi there, I want to put in a new order with CI for the start of next month. I have an existing octotel line and my own router. Current ISP is afrihost.

What is involved in getting a new order? How long does it take?
As mentioned you would need to terminate your existing service and get a termination date, this then releases your line for us to then place an order. The transfer usually happens on the same day.

dasdk

As mentioned you would need to terminate your existing service and get a termination date, this then releases your line for us to then place an order. The transfer usually happens on the same day.
not usual for me....it took over 24hrs and i even complained on vumatels twitter handle and they responded before CISP support to advise me my line is active

novocainer

@PBCool howsit? Is there anyway to expedite the line reconnection request from CI to Octotel? Afrihost has released my line, and all that is needed is the reconnection request according to Octotel.

thehuman

Expert Member
@PBCool howsit? Is there anyway to expedite the line reconnection request from CI to Octotel? Afrihost has released my line, and all that is needed is the reconnection request according to Octotel.
Try to call in and qte ticket number, when i had my line installed i called in and was helped over phone.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
This is typically done before the time do you have the ref number for me?

SpaceCowboy-D

Hi There,

We will need you to log this to connect@coolideas.co.za if you have not already, then you can pass the ticket reference number to us to expedite this query.

novocainer

So I ended up having to leave that apartment because of flooding, and am moving to another that has an existing octotel line. I enquired about getting set up over there, but it seems there's a R750 connection fee. Is that the norm?