New Seagate 1TB drive automatically copies files to Amazon cloud

craiglotter

If you've got the bandwidth for it, then that's actually pretty cool.

Thor

Honorary Master
LoveIT!!!

Buying extra drives for raid is terribly expensive this is the answer (if you have the cap and internet speed of course, hence US only)

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
LoveIT!!!

Buying extra drives for raid is terribly expensive this is the answer (if you have the cap and internet speed of course, hence US only)

RAID isnt backup - this is a cloud backup service, aint it?

Thor

Honorary Master
RAID isnt backup - this is a cloud backup service, aint it?
I'll much rather have my data duplicated in the cloud even of that means a few hours delay than buying double storage disks the whole time in fear my 8TB single disk k@ks

Vice

Expert Member
I find it difficult to comment without knowing the terms of reference. How do you determine the risk to your company by copying your data to a cloud service? Who's else has access to it besides you? What are the data/information laws that apply to that country, etc, etc? Data is the new gold these days!

I find it difficult to comment without knowing the terms of reference. How do you determine the risk to your company by copying your data to a cloud service? Who's else has access to it besides you? What are the data/information laws that apply to that country, etc, etc? Data is the new gold these days!

Valid point...
How secure is this so-called service too?

kianm

Honorary Master

This. Very important

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
Considering this comes with Cloud Drive, it's an excellent deal. If shipping wasn't a pain, I would buy one.