aidenmark

New SMME - Banking & Payment Gateway Help

Howdy.

I'm starting up a company / ecommerce website, and have gone through the trouble of registering the company and whatnot, as well as the domain name. my next step is to make some financial choices regarding Payment Gateways // merchant account // and bank accounts.

I've gone through most of the threads i could find with the attached keywords, and have done a lot of research, but want some public opinion now.

I need to get the best ( read most cost effective ) solution in place for all these pieces. From research it seems that for a smme a merchant account is a no-go, as it is rather expensive. What are the suggestions out there for business banking and aggregated payment gateway providers ( pay-u , payfast , etc)

Any advice/guidance/help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Aiden

Last edited:

Greig Whitton

I've been using Sage Pay for years and recommend them highly. Very cost effective (certainly compared to a merchant account), highly reliable, and excellent service. This + a regular business banking account and you should be sorted.

aidenmark

I've been using Sage Pay for years and recommend them highly. Very cost effective (certainly compared to a merchant account), highly reliable, and excellent service. This + a regular business banking account and you should be sorted.

Hi Greg. I've chatted to them but they can only offer 3,9% on all transactions, where I've found a company doing something similar, for 3,2%. What is nice about Sage, is that you can sign up for their account, at a nominal fee and then pay everything from there, eliminating the need for a SA Bank account, However, if i do 4 transactions a month, that entire cost will be offset by just the extra 0,7% they charge.