No support for apple pay on SA websites?

Ma’bad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
493
Reaction score
147
Is there a specific reason why South African websites don't provide Apple Pay as a payment option? None of the major players in South Africa currently offer it, but international websites that support Apple Pay are accessible here.
 
Is there a specific reason why South African websites don't provide Apple Pay as a payment option? None of the major players in South Africa currently offer it, but international websites that support Apple Pay are accessible here.

It comes down to the payment merchants that handle payments. They have to support Apple Pay first before anyone else can.

Same reason why MrD doesn’t support it for example; PayFast has no support for it.
 
I imagine its probably coming at some point to all the merchants and/or payment gateways.
 
I haven't even encountered many international sites that support it.
 
PayGate was supporting Apple Pay for a while but seems a but hit and miss, and I seem to remember that Payflex when used as just a payment gateway not the BNPL part supported it at one stage.\
Also any site that uses PayFlex as there process, no I don't want to split the payments for the 5th time just take my money.

But was pleasantly surprised Bolt Does.
 
PayGate was supporting Apple Pay for a while but seems a but hit and miss, and I seem to remember that Payflex when used as just a payment gateway not the BNPL part supported it at one stage.\
Also any site that uses PayFlex as there process, no I don't want to split the payments for the 5th time just take my money.

But was pleasantly surprised Bolt Does.
Payfast now supports apple pay.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X