No youtube on ipad... wtf

2026

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Messages
11,134
Reaction score
2,488
So ios6 removes youtube and there is no app for it on ipads... wtf!
 
This was announced almost two months back already. The original app was created by Apple, not Google, and hadn't been updated in a long time. The licence agreement between Apple and Google for YouTube came to an end and it was decided not to renew it. Google essentially wanted to be able to monetize the video's by showing advertisements like on the YouTube website. Although they have already released their own standalone app for the iPhone, the iPad version is only expected later this year.
 
You can still use youtube and google maps through your browser.

Google maps won't work offline though.
 
and soon apple would launch their own competing youtube and sue google for patent and copyright infringements!!!!!
 
Well that sucks.

I love lying in my bed and You Tubing. I'm not a fan of You Tube with the browser on the iPad.
 
iOS 6 seems like a fail from a SA point of few. I believe the new maps suck ...
 
Reading change logs of os updates isnt exactly what i spend my free time doing.Removing the youtube before a downloadable one is ready is just stupid.
 
LoL and SMH

Suppose Apple's gonna launch iTube soon.
It's not about You! It's about i!!!!!!!!!! Steve Jobs still echo's through the hallways at Granny Smith HQ.
 
Reading change logs of os updates isnt exactly what i spend my free time doing.Removing the youtube before a downloadable one is ready is just stupid.
The license expired between Apple and Google and the last I checked Apple had no control at the speed other companies develop their apps.

Since Google had already released their iPhone app (that works pretty well on the iPad) I get the feeling they're going to stall wrt the iPad release like they did with Google+.
 
Last edited:
The license expired between Apple and Google and the last I checked Apple had no control at the speed other companies develop their apps.

Since Google had already released their iPhone app (that works pretty well on the iPad) I get the feeling they're going to stall wrt the iPad release like they did with Google+.

I had the youtube app installed on the ipad in ios5, having it removed is a kick in the balls, no matter who is to blame (google, apple or both).

Iphone app is crap on the ipad in my opinion... the webpage is a better solution.
 
I had the youtube app installed on the ipad in ios5, having it removed is a kick in the balls, no matter who is to blame (google, apple or both).

Iphone app is crap on the ipad in my opinion... the webpage is a better solution.
It's still in iOS5 and it's not too late to downgrade - better get your skates on though before Apple stops signing it.

BTW the iphone youtube app looks great on the new iPad.
 
Last edited:
It's still in iOS5 and it's not too late to downgrade - better get your skates on though before Apple stops signing it.

BTW the iphone youtube app looks great on the new iPad.

I also have ipad3 ( :p ), bit you have to 2x it, and it looks... not as nice.
 
I also have ipad3 ( :p ), bit you have to 2x it, and it looks... not as nice.

My recollection of the old app is probably pretty vague - somehow I managed to uninstall it ages ago and was pretty happy that I had. The results for video searches was always better in the browser. :o

BTW - I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice but 2x looks so much better on the new iPad than it ever did on previous models.
 
My recollection of the old app is probably pretty vague - somehow I managed to uninstall it ages ago and was pretty happy that I had. The results for video searches was always better in the browser. :o

BTW - I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice but 2x looks so much better on the new iPad than it ever did on previous models.

Everything looks nicer on the new ipad ;) I never had the older ipads, so I'm not sure.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X