Nokia showcases new phones

nelwa

Expert Member
Nokia is losing on the smartphone front...Android and iDevice all the way!

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Can't wait for the Lumia 800...currently have the N8 and it is so awesome, but I would love to have a WP7 device.

shogun

Expert Member
Looking forward to this actually. Nice looking phones, nice OS. Will definitely consider.

Randux

Expert Member
How affordable (in Europe) the Asha 303. I hope we wont be ripp'd off on these devices.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I actually wonder if its worth it to do a search on the forums and find all the "nokia is dead" posts. Guess its not because people will always say that and think that Nokia=Symbian.

The new Series40 phones look very good, as does the Windows Phones ones. Personally I think my next phone will be the 701 running Symbian^3 Belle. The UI is much better looking and more fluid than Android or iPhone and its a proven platform.

Electron1

Expert Member
Windows Mobile 7 is supposed to be an excellent OS. Would like to see it in real life.

SuperBru

How soon will they be available here in SA? My wife wants a pink Lumia 800 and she wants it now.

dudewotevr

Expert Member
My N8 is on the second Belle leak already, ..it's nothing but a pleasure, multi-tasks like a mofo..

Fuma

Executive Member
Does the Lumina 800 have 512 RAM? The N9 seems to have 1GB.

chris2.0

But no E6-type phone for me? Just got one to replace my BB after the blackout, but it's got a VGA screen...

So no update to WP7 for me, just to Symbian Belle then... better than nothing at least!

So if they do make a QWERTY phone, will it have a WVGA screen? Or get bumped down to HVGA if WP8 supports it by that time?

infodrop

Look forward to seeing these phones. I have always found that Nokia produce the best tactile handsets. OS has let them down. This is now hopefully a thing of the past.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Looks really good, to be honest. I loved the look of the N9 and doing a WP7 phone in that shell is just pure win.

lomcevak

I've been a Nokia fan for many years, but I really think they need to pick a strategy and stick to it. All the symbian/bella/meego/windows mobile changes have deterred me from making my next choice Nokia. I really think they're about 6 months too late with these new phones.

Elimentals

Honorary Master

chris2.0

Don't think so, as screen rez is different & WP7 has a thing for WVGA... & Only WVGA!

370z

They're playing catch up at the moment but these look great. IMO they're still lacking something truly exciting to pull android and apple users