Nokia to release Belle Symbian OS refresh

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
just hope that this one doesn't take as long as the previous update. Anna is what the N8/E7 should have launched with in the first place, and Belle should have been the first update.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Klip in die bos maar...

Would one be able to update a Nokia N97 to this?

X-Gamer

Expert Member
Who cares, there isn't even a Nokia Repair Centre in the Western Cape.... I'm seriously regretting the purchase of my Nokia C7 after the Anna update fiasco...

isie

Honorary Master
Who cares, there isn't even a Nokia Repair Centre in the Western Cape.... I'm seriously regretting the purchase of my Nokia C7 after the Anna update fiasco...
what fiasco?

X-Gamer

Expert Member
The Anna firmware was a normal update (OVI suite, or OTA), but they added Anna Update 1/2 and 2/2. Which had to be obtained separately... Otherwise your phone would boot, saying something like: "Error: Unsupported Feature"
And that was the problem!! So many people struggled to get those Updates to install. (just google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=anna+update+1%2F2+2%2F2+error)

I had to try a combination of OTA, and Ovi suite. And even then, the updates do not completely install (apparently, the updates themselves are split up into different components), so a few parts would install through OVI, but then the rest would only work when tried via OTA....

Even the last attempt, which finally whittled the Update size down to a few 100KBs ended with an "Error". But now there are no more updates being detected for the phone....

But then my phone decided to do this:
airtimedeath.png

I'm assuming it had already burned through what was left of my 100MB data bundle, and then proceeded to deplete my airtime....For God knows what...:confused:

Last edited:

isie

Honorary Master
The Anna firmware was a normal update (OVI suite, or OTA), but they added Anna Update 1/2 and 2/2. Which had to be obtained separately... Otherwise your phone would boot, saying something like: "Error: Unsupported Feature"
And that was the problem!! So many people struggled to get those Updates to install. (just google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=anna+update+1%2F2+2%2F2+error)

I had to try a combination of OTA, and Ovi suite. And even then, the updates do not completely install (apparently, the updates themselves are split up into different components), so a few parts would install through OVI, but then the rest would only work when tried via OTA....

Even the last attempt, which finally whittled the Update size down to a few 100KBs ended with an "Error". But now there are no more updates being detected for the phone....

But then my phone decided to do this:
airtimedeath.png

I'm assuming it had already burned through what was left of my 100MB data bundle, and then proceeded to deplete my airtime....For God knows what...:confused:

Odd I didn't have a problem
Ok, considering i knew it was a 3 step process thanks to my buddies here on my BB
I first updated using ovi suite, once that was done i updated on the phone Anna step 2 and 3 no problems, no wasted bandwidth as i connect my phone to my wifi at home

X-Gamer

Expert Member
I should probably invest in some sort of Wi-fi soon....
But those other data charges happened the next day. Maybe it was the maps? As i tried using the live traffic thing in the morning... [I do preload my maps though]

Tacet

Expert Member
I didn't have any update problems either. The servers were congested for a while, but even after only the basic Anna update my phone ran fine, just without office. A few hours later, I tried again, and everything was good.

OVI told me exactly how large each file was, so there was no bandwidth surprises. It even warned me to use Wifi rather than 3G.

isie

Honorary Master
I should probably invest in some sort of Wi-fi soon....
But those other data charges happened the next day. Maybe it was the maps? As i tried using the live traffic thing in the morning... [I do preload my maps though]

probaly check under maps in the setting, internet set it to ofline.