Not sure what to call it .

Semicolon

So my credit card was debited for R629 by the playstation store for a game and coins and whatever other nonsense , without going into a long bla bla about whether or not we downloaded any games i am 100% sure that this transaction was not actioned from my playstation
I contacted them after immediately stopping my credit card and now 5 days later they refute any responsibility and no matter what i say they insist the transaction was done from my console ...it was not .. they say the game was downloaded ... it was not ... this is fraud as far as im concerned and the old story of corporate bullying ...
Now im sure there are those of you thinking well the download or purchase must have happened if playstation said so ....i assure you without an iota of doubt it did not .
how do i ever again register my card details on their platform and feel comfortable ?
How do i remain a loyal playstation customer ? they basically threw me a toffee ... dont care not interested ... ????
what do id ?

WAslayer

Expert Member
Your PSN account credentials may have been compromised.. so while YOU did not purchase and download the game on YOUR console, whoever may have compromised your PSN account did..

Rabobi

Executive Member
So my credit card was debited for R629 by the playstation store for a game and coins and whatever other nonsense , without going into a long bla bla about whether or not we downloaded any games i am 100% sure that this transaction was not actioned from my playstation
I contacted them after immediately stopping my credit card and now 5 days later they refute any responsibility and no matter what i say they insist the transaction was done from my console ...it was not .. they say the game was downloaded ... it was not ... this is fraud as far as im concerned and the old story of corporate bullying ...
Now im sure there are those of you thinking well the download or purchase must have happened if playstation said so ....i assure you without an iota of doubt it did not .
how do i ever again register my card details on their platform and feel comfortable ?
How do i remain a loyal playstation customer ? they basically threw me a toffee ... dont care not interested ... ????
what do id ?
Open a case of Fraud at SAPS and send it to a local Sony rep? I dunno, but dont let them fk u over

Bigfoot ZA

Reverse the charge on your cc if possible, might get their attention and might get your account blocked. But atleast you have someone looking into it. It will also only be your psn account so you can still play games as per normal.

Virtual cards is a great thing, if your bank has the option. Just load what you need and your account can't be debited again. What I currently do with all the online shenanigans going on.

carstensdj

Expert Member
Buy an Xbox next time, they better anyway :giggle:
On a serious note though, surely they can see the IP address where the game was downloaded to? Either it's you or it isn't...

Pitbull

Verboten
what do id ?
Just get the bank to reverse it and investigate it.

Might take a while but you will get your money back.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Your PSN account credentials may have been compromised.. so while YOU did not purchase and download the game on YOUR console, whoever may have compromised your PSN account did..
Do PS not show your purchase history under your account? How about his CC was compromised by someone with a PS?

WAslayer

Expert Member
Do PS not show your purchase history under your account? How about his CC was compromised by someone with a PS?
I don't know if PS does show purchase history or not, don't own one.. However, it is possible as you suggest, that his CC details were compromised by someone with a PS..

Its easier to compromise the PS account though, with a brute force attack if there is no MFA then the CC details and OP alludes to having had his CC details saved to his account, which is why my opinion is that the PS account was likely compromised..

Daruk

Honorary Master
I don't know if PS does show purchase history or not, don't own one.. However, it is possible as you suggest, that his CC details were compromised by someone with a PS..

Its easier to compromise the PS account though, with a brute force attack if there is no MFA then the CC details and OP alludes to having had his CC details saved to his account, which is why my opinion is that the PS account was likely compromised..
Bit then he'd see the game in his library, no? Surely you can remove and re-add games on. A PS?

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
what do id ?
Download and play the game, you've obviouy paid for it..

Semicolon

Yep. This sounds like fiction to me.
Splinter , Obviously one gets to Honorary Master on this forum by making unfounded judgement and comments aimed at getting you attention ...
I am well and truly past seeking security or having my confidence bolstered by an online forum ... My post was simply stating what happened and asking what i could do .
I'm almost certain this has happened to other people and was actually hoping for comment on some resolution they may have achieved .

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I contacted them after immediately stopping my credit card and now 5 days later they refute any responsibility
Who is this them? The credit card provider, because that is the only persons you should be talking to, to dispute the transaction.