Nuclear build to start this year

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
In a subtle but notable departure from previous wording, Joemat-Pettersson said the nuclear build would be handled in a “fair, transparent and cost-effective manner”. In his most recent State of the Nation address President Jacob Zuma said the procurement would be by way of “a fair, transparent and competitive procurement process”.

Expect pigs to start flying, horses to grow horns and chickens to grow teeth.... and the taxpayer to go bankrupt.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Great, with Russia contorlling our energy security what could possibily go wrong?

*kof* Ukraine *kof* Poland *kof* Georgia *kof* Estonia.... its not like Russia would ever use energy reliance as a means of political manipulation for its geopolitical agenda. *kof*

Two of the most corrupt leaders in the world are orginizing this. This will definitly need to be investigated one day. I have very little doubt in my mind that this is a corrupt deal.

ttygt

You get power, and you get power and you get power, you all get power!

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
oy vey, I dont see this ending well. /sigh

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Great, with Russia contorlling our energy security what could possibily go wrong?

*kof* Ukraine *kof* Poland *kof* Georgia *kof* Estonia.... its not like Russia would ever use energy reliance as a means of political manipulation for its geopolitical agenda. *kof*

Two of the most corrupt leaders in the world are orginizing this. This will definitly need to be investigated one day. I have very little doubt in my mind that this is a corrupt deal.
Of course its a corrupt deal...

Zuma is padding his account for retirement. Putin is rebuilding an Empire.

lexis

and add that contract in which the Russians do not except any liability if something goes wrong

zek 2371

So everything is done in secrecy. Eskom is excluded, Joemat-Pettersson was not part of the delgation and, last but not least,
Nor did she specify when the deals will be released to the public. Cabinet can choose to do so, or not, while Parliament has mechanisms to consider agreements in secret should it choose to do so.
And yet they say that
the nuclear build would be handled in a “fair, transparent and cost-effective manner”.
I call BS on that!

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
er..... uhm..... who will be building these stations then?

Not the local labour, with all the strikes etc......

:confused:

bekdik

Honorary Master
Awe cummon guys. This deal will be open and transparent in exactly the same way as:

Arms deal
nKandla
Eskom bonuses
and
SANRAL