Crowley

Executive Member
In a few months...

"AMD launches Batman range of graphics cards"

genetic

Honorary Master
Not that super.

Here's a more in-depth review;

The 2070 Super has around a 20% performance increase over the standard 2070 for the same price.

The Super video card launch packs more punch for a refresh than we would typically expect, but it also moves the stack around in interesting ways. The 2060 Super has relatively large gains in performance that put it close to the original RTX 2070 in most instances and the 2070 Super is very nearly a 2080
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3486-nvidia-rtx-2060-super-and-2070-super-review-benchmarks

I'd much rather spend the $499 on the 2070 Super for similar 2080 (pre-super) performance, than the $699 that the 2080 costs. It's a worthy upgrade from my 1060.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
All that Bitcoin hangover means revenue was down, so cut costs or bring in faster parts at the same price.

TiggerMan

I love that Nvidia claims the improved prices are down to more efficient binning and manufacturing.

Please b**ch. We all know it's due to a modicum of competition from AMD for once.
Nvidia has been ripping people off for ages with pricing. Now that AMD is coming out with a more powerful card and cheaper, they make changes. No thanks, AMD please take my money!!

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Nvidia has been ripping people off for ages with pricing. Now that AMD is coming out with a more powerful card and cheaper, they make changes. No thanks, AMD please take my money!!
Jip, they will also keep getting my money.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm buying nothing from Nvidia until I see benchmarks for AMD's new stuff. Really hoping my next system can be all-AMD.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'm buying nothing from Nvidia until I see benchmarks for AMD's new stuff. Really hoping my next system can be all-AMD.
Some leaked reviews are strange because I believe it is the Final Fantasy benchmark which placed the 5700 XT above the Radeon VII which shouldn’t be the case. It places the Radeon VII then in a very awkward place in the market, probably why AMD marketed it directly to ‘creators’ then than directly to gamers.

http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/result/

2560 x 1440, High Quality

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT – 5623

AMD Radeon VII – 4933

AMD Radeon RX 5700 – 4871
This doesn’t list the system or drivers used though, but it may be hinting at the Radeon VII not being the AMD gaming Flagship anymore.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
NVidia and AMD have been hitting each other up to 2012 with pricing. AMD did something special with their Radeon HD 4000 series (which was still ATI branded) in regard to pricing, but that was back in 2008/2009. Just remember that AMD launched their Radeon HD 7970 @ $549 back in 2012 and NVidia hit back with their GeForce GTX 680 @ $499 and since then kept the premium pricing up to now. AMD still price high at the high end and their enthusiast end and isn’t competitive at that range when comparing ‘every’ gaming title to take things into perspective.

Yeah, AMD also ripped people a new one, and let’s not talk about their dual GPU card pricing and their rebrandings.

Adored actually quickly covered the 7970 vs 680 in this video,

ZuluKing

Wait until next year for the new AMD & Nvidia cards to compete with PS5 & Xbox2