South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
you saying there is not much of an improvement?
I thought the official was supposed to be "safe" :/
when i get to the part after the triangle and exclamation point the phone as a message @ the bottom saying "E: Can't open /cache/recovery.command" than get the error 7 message when i click “Apply sdcard:update.zip.
only button that works is the search key, and that searches google onlinestupid loop error is common I see.....
*Sigh* :-(
I get the "Status 7" error while updating. Seems the phone is branded in some way - although I can't see any branding on the phone, there were also never any Vodafone/Vodacom splash screens or anything.
Anybody else here had success in upgrading a HTC Desire you got from Vodacom?
Or have a way around the "Status 7" error?
Dang - was so looking forward to Froyo![]()
Nashua Mobile
Centurion
Not rooted
Updated last night, but it bricked my phone! It got stuck in a loop saying "loading", "error starting HTC Sense", "loading. Restarting, taking the battery out, etc, didn't help.
Did a factory reset (turn off the phone, press volume down and then press power (while still holding vol down)) and that fixed it
Those who have Froyo, is it worth it or rather root my desire and go custom? Keep in mind and dont have money or insurance to replace my desire so the warranty means allot to me...
when i get to the part after the triangle and exclamation point the phone as a message @ the bottom saying "E: Can't open /cache/recovery.command" than get the error 7 message when i click “Apply sdcard:update.zip.
only button that works is the search key, and that searches google onlinestupid loop error is common I see.....
*Sigh* :-(
I get the "Status 7" error while updating. Seems the phone is branded in some way - although I can't see any branding on the phone, there were also never any Vodafone/Vodacom splash screens or anything.
Anybody else here had success in upgrading a HTC Desire you got from Vodacom?
Or have a way around the "Status 7" error?
Dang - was so looking forward to Froyo![]()
Nashua Mobile
Centurion
Not rooted
Updated last night, but it bricked my phone! It got stuck in a loop saying "loading", "error starting HTC Sense", "loading. Restarting, taking the battery out, etc, didn't help.
Did a factory reset (turn off the phone, press volume down and then press power (while still holding vol down)) and that fixed it
Those who have Froyo, is it worth it or rather root my desire and go custom? Keep in mind and dont have money or insurance to replace my desire so the warranty means allot to me...
when i get to the part after the triangle and exclamation point the phone as a message @ the bottom saying "E: Can't open /cache/recovery.command" than get the error 7 message when i click “Apply sdcard:update.zip.
where about do you copy the file onto you sd card?
I got the E: Can't open /cache/recovery.command message too, but no status 7 error.
Did you have to do anything to fix the E: Can't open /cache/recovery.command?
No, the menu appeared a second later and I applied the update.
No, the menu appeared a second later and I applied the update.
yip.... cant get to my applications settings to reset my HTC Sense .. oh well, will just revert back to factory settings and start a fresh.... but theres nothing wrong with the file, just obviously i deleted something I wasnt suppose to somewhere... has to do with the home screens or something ....eish
Heres a posiible way to recify it, but it isnt workig for me : http://myhtcdesire.com/tutorials/fi...ess-com-htc-launcher-has-stopped-unexpectedly
Yeah, I got it through the upgrade call centre. I did apply a minor update since then, but I don't know if that would have made a difference.
Maybe the file you downloaded is corrupted?