Official ICC World T20 thread

Yes but a victory with 30 + runs in T20 IMO is a big victory.

Also Im not throwing any team away im just saying we should win.

On paper its between us and india atm.

India yes, Pakis - nobody knows, SL most brutal team in the competition.
NZ/Windies have potential... SA... :p
 
What do you call an Australian at the T20 World Cup? A spectator

(via Twitter)
 
All the teams in the competition are "feared units" cept The Dutch.

How does your brain work? The English were beaten by the only team you consider not to be a "feared unit".

I do think that there is a greater potential in T20 for surprises, but I think that SA is better in all depts and has far more T20 experience.
 
How does your brain work? The English were beaten by the only team you consider not to be a "feared unit".

I do think that there is a greater potential in T20 for surprises, but I think that SA is better in all depts and has far more T20 experience.

We shall see....
Look what you did now, im rooting for Eng just to prove you wrong... Eish!:p

Lol not really, but it will be a close match.
 
How does your brain work? The English were beaten by the only team you consider not to be a "feared unit".

I do think that there is a greater potential in T20 for surprises, but I think that SA is better in all depts and has far more T20 experience.

Sa is better in all depths but i think t20 and experience mean nothing, t20 anything can happen i reckon.

Sure SA and India look strong but one big innings from players in a weaker team could kill us off, if gayle and bravo score big then we in trouble, if juyasuria should knock us around we in trouble.

T20 is not always about the team, indivdual performances can win games and that is what is scary when going into a t20 game i think.
 
Sure SA and India look strong but one big innings from players in a weaker team could kill us off, if gayle and bravo score big then we in trouble, if juyasuria should knock us around we in trouble.

The game yesterday was interesting in that respect. Sure Windies lost but some of their players batted quite nicely surprisingly. One bad thing with them is, you can count on runs on the field and pace bowling.. so if you get those things right, technically gayle would be under more pressure and he does falter sometimes
 
West indies are simple in my opinion limit gayle and you will win.

gayle = west indies, he plays well they do well if you ask me.
 
Don't worry, we'll get it right this time:).

As for todays game, my prediction for Superbru was SA to win by 53 runs or 3 wickets:D.

I freaking hope so :(

I can remember:

1992
South Africa's semi-final against England ended in controversial circumstances when, after a rain delay, the rule in use for revising target scores in rain-affected matches revised their target from 22 runs from 13 balls to an impossible 21 runs from one ball.

1996
We lose to Windies in semis

1999
Donald and Klusener :( mixup in a drawn game against Aus that sees us go home

2003
Did not even make the play offs at home! :mad:

2007
We lose to Bangladesh then Aus bowls us out for 149 and kick our arses :(
 
Devil we are far stronger in my opinion than we have ever been, we also now have some good spinners something we have always lacked in world cricket.

Nut yea we enjoy choking when it matters.
 
Devil we are far stronger in my opinion than we have ever been, we also now have some good spinners something we have always lacked in world cricket.

Nut yea we enjoy choking when it matters.

I agree, thats why my hopes are so high.

Yet we can make a bad hash of things when we are under pressure :o
 
Technically that's the ODI world cup. The T20 was just 2 years ago when India thrashed us at Durban so we ended up going out on run rate. I think extras scored more than any of our batsmen that day...

This team is very different and much more balanced. Even if all the top 3 fail we still have AB, JP and Albie. And we bat all the way down to 10 - Parnell's actually a talented allrounder and scored a lot of runs for Kent in the county season.
Plus we have great variation in our bowling, Steyn's a matchwinner and we have 3 spinners to lean on as well.
Hope I haven't jinxed us but I'm just trying to stay positive. For whatever reason I'm very nervous against England.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X