Official Super Rugby 2014 Thread

Werner Harding

Erm... Do 15 other guys in the office tackle you everyday?

Do you run into walls everyday?

Can't really compare rugby with a normal day job.

But I do agree. They get paid big bucks to do this. And I believe the players are partly to blame for the amount of rugby they play just to get extra bucks.
How many times do you see rugby players completely spent at the end of a season but when the Barbarians wave a check in front of them for an exhibition match they are quick to oblige. The Barbarians games haven't been about the spirit and honour of the game for a very long time now.

Look I am not saying its not physical, but come on I play rugby myself after work every monday, tuesday and thursday practise and game day is saterday. Not saying we are the springboks but our games are pretty brutal, see I live in a small town and we play in a platteland league so all the boertjies play and I've seen some huge blokes. Our season also starts feb and end september. I dont get paid I do it for the love of the game, but i do that and work and dont complain there is too much rugby :D

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
So early in the season and Breezers already in panic mode, buying anyone they can .......

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
So early in the season and Breezers already in panic mode, buying anyone they can .......

so much promise and potential going in. Sucks for them. At least i had good reason to suspect my team would have a bad year. It is possible that they just nervously stumbled into their first encounter and could only get better going forward. I hope so because the outlook for springbok rugby is bleak right now all things considered

Devill

Damned
Fsck. The blues are up 29-17.......

Apparently I really suck at selecting the winning teams.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Bitches please - 23 out of 23. You can't be doing worse than me.

Wait, this result may change my fortunes...

Devill

Damned
Hahaha, so logic does not work when picking the winning team.

FFS the blues were bad last weekend, and now they added really young players to the mix.... The Saders barring the missed kicks were one of the best teams last weekend.

:(

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Hahaha, so logic does not work when picking the winning team.

FFS the blues were bad last weekend, and now they added really young players to the mix.... The Saders barring the missed kicks were one of the best teams last weekend.

:(

Wut? You really think so?

They were terrible. Only got some minor momentum going in the 2nd half. And today only the first half showed some glimpses of quality play. The rest of the time they were awful. Poor discipline, knocking, not collecting the high ball. Terrible.

And now the Rebels score quickly against the Cheetahs. :(

Devill

Damned
Wut? You really think so?

They were terrible. Only got some minor momentum going in the 2nd half. And today only the first half showed some glimpses of quality play. The rest of the time they were awful. Poor discipline, knocking, not collecting the high ball. Terrible.

And now the Rebels score quickly against the Cheetahs. :(

To me the Saders were the better team between them and the Chiefs last weekend.

I also picked the cheetahs... perhaps I should pick the lions, then at least the bulls will take some points home.