Official Super Rugby 2014 Thread

Hehe.

Stormers played really well. Balanced performance for a change. Solid defence and good attacking options taken at the right times.

True. Having said that, there are serious problems in both our camps. The coaching is not up to scratch
 
Don't know if any of you watched the Heineken Cup final...

Jeez Toulon has been brutal. Especially Juan Smith.

I'm absolutely amazed at the conditioning there. Took 3 injury prone players and turned them into superstars. Johnny Wilkinson, Juan Smith and Drew Mitchell.
 
Don't know if any of you watched the Heineken Cup final...

Jeez Toulon has been brutal. Especially Juan Smith.

I'm absolutely amazed at the conditioning there. Took 3 injury prone players and turned them into superstars. Johnny Wilkinson, Juan Smith and Drew Mitchell.

Yeah, quite impressive.
 
Habana even received a bit of a boo from the crowd as he collected his medal because of his little stunt...

Diving is for soccer... Was plain silly from him to milk that penalty that much.
 
So De Villiers is out for 8 weeks.

Who do y'all reckon should be captain in his stead? Strauss? But then if Bismarck starts your captain won't be starting. :wtf:

So I suppose Victor is a shoe-in?
 
It seems it was the sly plan all along to get Matfield back in and captain so it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I am 100% anti him being there even as a player, he gets the captaincy and ye, my interest goes out the window.
 
Why? The Blue Shirt?

Tsek you, pssssh ....... he's over the hill and keeping talented new blood out the team, that's the main reason. Bissie is a way better captain (dunno wtf the Strauss supporters are smoking) too.
 
Nah, even as an avid Sharkie I'd take Strauss over Bissie as captain, but not player. So conundrum...
 
Tsek you, pssssh ....... he's over the hill and keeping talented new blood out the team, that's the main reason. Bissie is a way better captain (dunno wtf the Strauss supporters are smoking) too.

Ah. IIRC, Johan Ackermann at 37 played in Paris. Jake's strategy was to use experienced, if not over the hill, players to easily defeat the minnows while newer, better bloods were killing the tough competition. This strategy worked very well - an older experienced team helped shape a younger winning team. There is no reason why an experienced asset like Victor should not be playing in games where the competition is weaker. As for being captain, that may be a little stretched on HM's part.
 
Nah, even as an avid Sharkie I'd take Strauss over Bissie as captain, but not player. So conundrum...

Yeah, I also prefer Strauss as captain. Pretty great to have both of them in the team, though.

Matfield is a great player, and captain. But it's reasonable to ask whether he should be in the squad with a longer term view, especially RWC.

I think many coaches (including Meyer) would be more focused on the job at hand, though.
 
Am I the only one who doesn't believe in building for a world cup?

You play your best team every week and the world cup will sort itself out.
 
Am I the only one who doesn't believe in building for a world cup?

You play your best team every week and the world cup will sort itself out.
You are not alone.

The best national team available must be selected for EVERY game and that team's objective must be to WIN.

Experiment in other teams (Junior Boks, Baabaas, etc.) and NOT your top team.

We pay good money and sponsors also demand to see our best team perform at their peak.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X