Online gamers plagued by severe harassment - Study

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Mar 2, 2016
Messages
5,179
Online gamers plagued by severe harassment - Study

The Anti-Defamation League's Centre on Technology and Society has released the results of a survey which found that over 70% of online gamers have experienced some form of harassment.

Most of these respondents - around 65% - added that they had experienced "severe harassment," including physical threats and stalking.
 

rambo919

Executive Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2008
Messages
6,618
just 65%? why the low-ball? dealing with childish twits is routine no?
 

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2018
Messages
3,763
Oh its called harassment. I thought it was part of the game which was entertaining.

But now that we have given it a name I must retreat to my safe space and not get gud.

*Googles safe space best practices
 

gamer16

Honorary Master
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
11,359
How much lower would this number be if children and console players were not part of it?
 

John Tempus

Expert Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
2,946
BS out and out. Actual online gamers would not have time to do such a pile of sht survey.

So who exactly did fill in their so called survey ? I suspect it is just a bunch of leftist pussies trolling their way from twitter to see an industry bend over backwards for their ideology.
 

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
21,515
90% of this would be solved on console if people just knew how to set their privacy controls correctly and didn't allow every Tom, Dick and Harry to send you private messages.
 

R4ziel

Expert Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
2,094
Only 70%? Did the other 30% only complete their profiles and never played, or did they perhaps not play with other people.

The rule of online gaming is to have a think skin because you will hear all the insults there are in a very short amount of time, you learn to deal with it and move on with your life
 
Top