OpenWeb Uncapped and Video Streaming

Uknightes

Just fair warning.

OpenWeb shapes their uncapped to such a degree that one cannot view YouTube, Netflix or Showmax during the day. I took the R299 10Mb/s option and while speedtest showed that I got max throughput I was unable to view videos.

just cancel asap

Just fair warning.

OpenWeb shapes their uncapped to such a degree that one cannot view YouTube, Netflix or Showmax during the day. I took the R299 10Mb/s option and while speedtest showed that I got max throughput I was unable to view videos.

You're probably living in anger at being ripped off after trying to save a few hard earned rands. And along came a vulture who screwed you for trying to improve your life.

They talk the talk but hardly walk it. And you can only find the proof in the eating here. Perhaps people should support more companies who give us a trial taste (may not work if theyre like OPweb and trial a good speed but supply the usual crap).

Just cancel ASAP. You have met up with one of the worst isp's if you can call them that. And warn many so that we can get rid of this leech to society.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Openweb is the worst ISP in SA. I signed up with them earlier this year because a friend said he was getting good service and prices weren't bad. But my line quality has been horrible on their 4Mbps option and I had to log faults with them almost weekly because I couldn't even open the Google homepage or browse Facebook on my phone. Their official response was that "I should upgrade to a premium line so I could stream Facebook"...still trying to figure out exactly what that means. I then cancelled on the 23 May by filling in their web form and faxing a copy through to them as well (had to consult a historian at a museum to find out what a fax machine is and how our ancient ancestors used them). Now it's August and they still haven't cancelled my line and are still trying to bill me even though I've been with Afrihost since the end of June and haven't touched their services because I couldn't even access it anymore. Having to log a complaint with ICASA because they refuse to release my line back to Telkom while they try and extort money from me for services which they haven't rendered. P.S. The day I switched to Afrihost I went from not being able to open my Gmail (they claimed it was a Telkom fault) to being able to download games on my Xbox at 3.85Mbps. They truly are the worst ISP and their support staff leave a lot to be desired. They would go days to weeks without replying to my queries.

You must be new here.

latest

Back