Opera 11 beta has been released

rorz0r

Executive Member
Will grab it now. Alpha doesn't work properly on gmail. (and Feng Office which I need to use for work)

kilobits

Executive Member
Oooh. Thanks for the heads-up... download must have just gone live... I checked the Opera Dektop Team site just 10 mins ago, only alpha was up. You are quick, ta muchly.

HawkiesZA

Will grab it now. Alpha doesn't work properly on gmail.

Had the same problem, but it looks like it's fixed in the beta. It might not be a revolution of web browsing, but I can see how the tab stacking feature is going to be useful. The visual cues for mouse gestures is also a nice touch to introduce people to them and even help long time users find one that they suddenly forgot for some reason. All of this added to Opera Mobile for Android makes me happy :D

kilobits

Executive Member
Gmail still suck in simple HTLM mode for me on this beta... grrrrrr.

g-d-zilla

Opera is still the slowest, most cumbersome browser available. I test the latest version and uninstall it. Simply because nothing yet beats Firefox.

rorz0r

Executive Member
Opera is still the slowest, most cumbersome browser available. I test the latest version and uninstall it. Simply because nothing yet beats Firefox.

Lol, I think you must have downloaded internet explorer by mistake...

Anyway, gmail working 100% in the beta. Feng office not quite but doing a bit better than the alpha. Works in 10.63.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Gmail still suck in simple HTLM mode for me on this beta... grrrrrr.

That is Alpha - not Beta.

You are seriously thinking an inferior piece of Mozilla junk can compete with anything? Even IE is better than FireFox. I'd say FireFox is the same kind of bloatware like Office 2003 was.

Opera is the best browser on all platforms out there.

kilobits

Executive Member
Um... no... Version 11.00 beta Build 1111... still simple HTML for me, even on new profile. :{

That is Alpha - not Beta.

EDIT: Dof me - had pressed "Make HTML simple default" in GMAIL - changed this in settings now 100's again.

Last edited:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
:D no worries - I had the same issue with the first build of Alpha. But the released a fix for that in last weeks build of Alpha.

Bluray

Thanks for the heads up. I've been using Opera for quite some time now. It's the best for me by far.