Our Seagate Drive Failures - Coincidence or Conspiracy?

ThreeThirds

Howdy folks.

I thought I'd post something here that I was wondering "Is this just a coincidence?".

In the past 45 days both our Seagate 2TB SSHDs at home failed (Non-Seagate SSDs are just fine). Now all 3 of our boss's Seagate HDDs failed at the same time. A few clients had the same issue! I'm just waiting for all 4 drives on our backup server to give up the ghost it seems.

Was this just a big fat coincidence or is anybody else experiencing the same mass-failure of Seagate drives thing?

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Howdy folks.

I thought I'd post something here that I was wondering "Is this just a coincidence?".

In the past 45 days both our Seagate 2TB SSHDs at home failed (Non-Seagate SSDs are just fine). Now all 3 of our boss's Seagate HDDs failed at the same time. A few clients had the same issue! I'm just waiting for all 4 drives on our backup server to give up the ghost it seems.

Was this just a big fat coincidence or is anybody else experiencing the same mass-failure of Seagate drives thing?
I don't buy Seagate drives, even if they are cheaper.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I have 2 X 2TB Seagates. No failures yet, touch wood!

I'd say they're about 4 and 5 years old, respectively.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Bought a 4tb 2.5 portable Seagate recently. Was an impulse buy because of very good pricing (R1400). Hope it doesn't!let me down.