OUTA e-toll appeal application is a success

b@nD

Banned
The Last Byte

OUTA e-toll appeal application is a success

The High Court in Pretoria has granted OUTA leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) against a previous judgement made by the high court.
and
At the end of the day how much is this all going to cost ?

Will it be more than the R33.5 billion National government departments spent on consultants over three years,

How many "lawyers" are going to be buying new Ferrari's and Maserati's and Clifton beach Houses ?

JustinB

and
At the end of the day how much is this all going to cost ?

Will it be more than the R33.5 billion National government departments spent on consultants over three years,

How many "lawyers" are going to be buying new Ferrari's and Maserati's and Clifton beach Houses ?
You're right. The lawyers will get rich (not sure why you put them in "s - I'm sure they're legitimate lawyers). But I'd far sooner OUTA's lawyer gets rich than be condemned to a life of paying e-tolls coz of this ruling.

Not to mention, if this stood, this creates precedence for all national roads - EVERY province runs the risk of having some system established and then being forced to foot the bill.

Seriously

Honorary Master
You're right. The lawyers will get rich (not sure why you put them in "s - I'm sure they're legitimate lawyers). But I'd far sooner OUTA's lawyer gets rich than be condemned to a life of paying e-tolls coz of this ruling.

Not to mention, if this stood, this creates precedence for all national roads - EVERY province runs the risk of having some system established and then being forced to foot the bill.
Yeah, remember that is on top if the stolen/wasted trillions in taxes by the ANC regime, tolls will be coming directly out of your bread budget.

Last edited:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Every delay helps, even if this tactic ultimately fails... I'm just glad for the delays and the chance to stick it to the government.

At the end of the day, the system will finally fail when the people themselves reject it.

Bundu

Expert Member
it's nice that OUTA have made a bit of progress again, but in the end, I actually want the e-tolls to be implemented and turn into a massive fnuckup and embarrassment for govt - I don't know anybody at this stage who will be getting e-tags....

Seriously

Honorary Master
it's nice that OUTA have made a bit of progress again, but in the end, I actually want the e-tolls to be implemented and turn into a massive fnuckup and embarrassment for govt - I don't know anybody at this stage who will be getting e-tags....
I eagerly look out at Cosatu in that regard. Huge bonfires along the highway will be a spectacular view at night.

j4ck455

Executive Member
As proof that OUTA has the support of the public and can claim to represent the interests of the public, OUTA only needs to produce bank statements that show numerous donations from the public (not only corporates) which would typically be smaller amounts than companies donate.