P20 Lite battery

tashveer

I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right place but I have a P20 Lite for maybe 2 months now and the battery lasts me half a day with heavy use, I’ve spoken to other people who have the P20 Lite as well and they say it lasts a day maybe a day and a half, I got the phone with a telkom contract, should I take the phone to telkom? Can they do anything to help? Any advice ?

cpu.

Expert Member
Could this be the LTE bug on Telkom?

Set your phone to 3G only, no LTE to test (for a day or 2).

tashveer

The phone drains around 20% while in my pocket not touched while I’m at work, from around 7 to 4

tashveer

20 percent in 9 hours isn't bad
With no screen on time? With no WiFi or mobile data on? I’m new to android so if you say that drain isn’t that bad then maybe I’m overthinking it, I’ve had apple all this while and apples stand by time was amazing, so maybe I’m comparing the 2 of which I should stop

Sinbad

Honorary Master
A big portion of it depends on your cell signal strength. If the phone has to transmit strongly, the battery drains faster

Wasp_21

Expert Member
For what its worth, I have the Hauwei Nova and the P10. Both phones, medium to heavy use during the day, will give me just short of a full day and a morning battery life. Say +/- 28 hrs. Getting a P20 lite next week so will be able to compare.