PC to TV, as a channel

Diesal

Expert Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
447
Location
Diep River, Cape Town
Hello,

Ok so, if you have been to club Mykanos, you would have a vague idea of what I mean.

I want to do at home, what they do with their information channels (Club Mykanos), I want to be able to “tune” my tvs’ to view the media on my pc (so what is on my pc would be an actual channel eg. Channel 6) without having the need to connect my PC directly to a tv.

What would I have to but to make this happen, please this is the best way I can describe it.

Please see diagram: (hopefully it would help)
http://www.taccess.za.net/images/diagram.jpg
 
you would need a graphics card with a tv out and an AV to rf converter they used to sell those at most retailers when dstv had those crappy decoders that only has av out, im sure i saw one at hifi corp a few weeks ago. then conect tht to you spliter box thinie

not sure why you want to do this?
 
Depending on the graphics outputs from your PC or laptop you would need a RF converter . the most common one is AV or S-video to RF. Attach the RF converter to your splitter and tune your TV in and it should work.
 
I am in the process of moving away from RF. Bad quality.

What I am doing is moving to an ethernet based network. Then on each tv I have a media player like a Playon mini or similar. Further I have a central homeserver containing all the media. I still need to add some tv reception to the server, but that will follow with time.
 
I am in the process of moving away from RF. Bad quality.

What I am doing is moving to an ethernet based network. Then on each tv I have a media player like a Playon mini or similar. Further I have a central homeserver containing all the media. I still need to add some tv reception to the server, but that will follow with time.

I have something similar, except i use either my xbox on one tv and and old netbook on the other tv, and streaming via wifi where possible.
sort of trying to see what i can put together with old pc parts lying around, with videos located on my laptop and desktop pc
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X