PE Blackout

Lupus

Honorary Master
Seriously do you guys not experience these often? Or am I just this jaded now? Cause announcing on a forum every time there's a power failure in your area for me would be a way to regular thing.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Seriously do you guys not experience these often? Or am I just this jaded now? Cause announcing on a forum every time there's a power failure in your area for me would be a way to regular thing.
Depends what you mean by often I suppose.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Depends what you mean by often I suppose.
The area where I came from it's once a week, sometimes Roodepoort can get knocked out twice a month.Or large areas of it, thanks to City Powers ancient infrastructure.

Nick333

Honorary Master
The area where I came from it's once a week, sometimes Roodepoort can get knocked out twice a month.Or large areas of it, thanks to City Powers ancient infrastructure.
Not as bad here yet. Getting there it seems.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Also does it go for longer than 4 hours?
Dunno. Haven't actually had a non-loading shedding episode in my area for a while. There was one last week in other parts of the city that was over night I think.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Dunno. Haven't actually had a non-loading shedding episode in my area for a while. There was one last week in other parts of the city that was over night I think.
So it's not the entire city? Just parts of it and we need to know about it on Mybroadband why? Surely logging a ticket with the provider and twitter would suffice?

Nick333

Honorary Master
So it's not the entire city? Just parts of it and we need to know about it on Mybroadband why? Surely logging a ticket with the provider and twitter would suffice?
So we shouldn't have area specific threads now. If you're not in PE you could just ignore.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So we shouldn't have area specific threads now. If you're not in PE you could just ignore.
Nope, you should rather use the means to report it and monitor it locally. Otherwise this would be filled with Roodepoort threads.