Peak data limit not working

chakniks

Greetings good people.

I have set my peak data limit thinking this would make the sim stop working during peak hours. However this has not worked, it now shows that I have used R12 worth of peak data. Did anyone else experience this as well? Any other solutions to this issue will be appreciated besides taking the sim out or switching off my device during peak hours

Attachments

• Data Usage.PNG
    Data Usage.PNG
    38 KB · Views: 67
  • Limit.PNG
    Limit.PNG
    117 KB · Views: 68

phly

Expert Member
Are you sure you set it properly? According to the screenshots you set a data limit of 0.23gigs and you have used 0.16 so now you only have 0.07 of that remaining. Data limit should be 0 for it not to use anything. Anything above that and you have to pay for it. Lucky for you 0.23 is only 230megs is a very small amount (should be about 12 bucks) so it wont break your bank account.

chakniks

Are you sure you set it properly? According to the screenshots you set a data limit of 0.23gigs and you have used 0.16 so now you only have 0.07 of that remaining. Data limit should be 0 for it not to use anything. Anything above that and you have to pay for it. Lucky for you 0.23 is only 230megs is a very small amount (should be about 12 bucks) so it wont break your bank account.
Thank you very much for your response. I have never been able to set the limit to Zero. From the first day I got the sim card I could only set the limit to 1gb. When my free rain days ended I was able to set the limit further down to 0.16gb today in the morning and the dashboard said I used R8 peak data. later this evening bcoz my data was still on after 18:00, it ignored that 0,16gn limit and started accumulating R4 in charges.

phly

Expert Member
Try contact customer care and see if they can be of help

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have the same issue with my simcard. Unlimited off peak addon and peak data set to R0 but the simcard does not get cut off at 6pm instead any usage just gradually starts automatically pushing up the usage limit. I took a screenshot of my settings and contacted support. They need to "escalate" it. Geez I'm tired of hearing about issues always being escalated...

chakniks

Indeed, they like throwing the "will ecsalate" line. I have logged two calls with the issue and still haven't had a peep from them.

Quad!

I am still waiting for support to please Disable my Peak time usage. (only allow Unlimited Off Peak time) Since I can not do it on your website after I logged in. I can not set the Peak limit down or to zero to disable peak time usage.. No confirm button appears. I am trying to do this sins end last month (every day) and even chat online with support. But nothing has changed on my Account.. Emailed them also 4 times already... No reply !!

Rain SUPPORT is Pathetic

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Quad!

Its NOW 11 Days and Rain Support Still ignores my Emails to Disable my Peak time usage. (only allow Unlimited Off Peak time)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

chakniks

rain support really doesn't seem to care to reply to the emails. Its very messed up!!!
I'm now just settling for switching off the sim card just before six. but its not a good way to operate, I fear what might happen if ever I forget to switch it off

ngoni615

Message the rain representative directly. They are very helpful on this forum. I had issues and he sorted me out.