Penetration testing for educational purposes

CT_Biker

Expert Member
You do know that there are other "hacking" Linux Distros you can use.

Kali has a lot of bloat. As an alternative, use *your preferred version of Linux" and add the applications you need to do basic network, port scanning, dictionary attacks etc, and play around with those tools on a VM.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
There are several pen-testing simulators online. One I played with before has levels where advancement to the next, more challenging, level is dependant on you finding the info needed to proceed to the next level.

ekske1

Executive Member
You do know that there are other "hacking" Linux Distros you can use.

Kali has a lot of bloat. As an alternative, use *your preferred version of Linux" and add the applications you need to do basic network, port scanning, dictionary attacks etc, and play around with those tools on a VM.
Oh sure and I have checkout BlackArch, but as a starting point towards some form of education, e.g. basic certification for penetration testing, I know about sensepost and Kali.

There are several pen-testing simulators online. One I played with before has levels where advancement to the next, more challenging, level is dependant on you finding the info needed to proceed to the next level.
Will do. thanks.