Pension fund

Zyk1

Expert Member
Yes.
Market value of house will be determined and split equally.

Mvu

Yes.
Market value of house will be determined and split equally.
♂♂♂♂

Marriage is just another form of a business. My friend took her to school paid for her classes and this is how she repays him

Mariuspay

I am currently in such a divorce situation. This is the rules applied:

In terms of the Act the courts should grant a forfeiture order in circumstances where, if the order is not granted, one party will be unduly benefited in relation to the other party. Courts have to consider three factors before granting a forfeiture order:

· The duration of the marriage;

· The circumstances which gave rise to the breakdown thereof;

· and any substantial misconduct on the part of either of the parties.

Forfeiture means that one party thinks that the other party must get more / less than the 50% rule.

P924

Expert Member
He is fokked then, sorry.
Your friend could resign donate the money to me and then I'll give it back. lol (this only works if she has not filed for divorce as yet)
@Nobody Important
Most probably you would be left with less than 50% after tax, since you will be paying tax on the donation to you and the donation back. (Depending on the amounts involved and tax bracket)

Mvu

I am currently in such a divorce situation. This is the rules applied:

In terms of the Act the courts should grant a forfeiture order in circumstances where, if the order is not granted, one party will be unduly benefited in relation to the other party. Courts have to consider three factors before granting a forfeiture order:

· The duration of the marriage;

· The circumstances which gave rise to the breakdown thereof;

· and any substantial misconduct on the part of either of the parties.

Forfeiture means that one party thinks that the other party must get more / less than the 50% rule.
Thanks for sharing...
So basically she's got him by the balls...

Mvu

Most probably you would be left with less than 50% after tax, since you will be paying tax on the donation to you and the donation back. (Depending on the amounts involved and tax bracket)
They still tax you? Damn!

rietrot

Honorary Master
♂♂♂♂

Marriage is just another form of a business. My friend took her to school paid for her classes and this is how she repays him
There's a lesson here. Either don't be a cradle snatcher or don't educate the girl.

Reactions: Mvu

Swa

Honorary Master
Damn :p

Does that include jewellery?
Not sure. Clothing and shoes definitely. Basic jewellery perhaps but something like a R1m necklace bought at an auction could be classed as an asset.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
I think in COP...
O fck... they should be teaching people not to get married in COP!

edit: I went thru divorce. She got 50% of everything. (Not the pension fund though, but she could have). She earned a quarter of what I did, yet she got 50%. 50% of house value, 50% of value of cars...

Its a business opportunity for a girl. Marry a guy, COP, divorce.. get 50%. Good ROI.:whistling:

Last edited:

Mvu

O fck... they should be teaching people not to get married in COP!

edit: I went thru divorce. She got 50% of everything. (Not the pension fund though, but she could have). She earned a quarter of what I did, yet she got 50%. 50% of house value, 50% of value of cars...

Its a business opportunity for a girl. Marry a guy, COP, divorce.. get 50%. Good ROI.:whistling:
How did you save your pension?